Join a collaborative team of hospitality pros who are dedicated to curating and delivering hotel experiences as unique as the city they call home. The Director of Business Transient Sales is responsible for developing and soliciting business from all markets to ensure necessary advance bookings needed for a successful and profitable operation for the hotel.
The ideal candidate is a real people-person, collaborative, engaging, a problem solver able to pivot as circumstances dictate and excited to innovate and adopt to changing business and travel conditions. They thrive in a non-stop environment, exude calm under pressure, are resourceful and resilient. The Director of Business Transient Sales is an ambassador on property and embodies the hotel’s ethos and the company’s “LIVE” spirit.RESPONSIBILITIES + AUTHORITIES:
- Always treats guests with courtesy and respect.
- Display honesty + integrity.
- Be a hands-on do-er and inspirational leader able to motivate team members to drive for success and exceed expectations.
- Build strong relationships with colleagues, partners, clients, and outside vendors.
• Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
• Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate. Use the PM Hotel Group efforts for all recruiting and on-boarding activities.
• Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and PM Hotel Group standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement.
• Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the sales department to include, but not limited, to the annual and monthly forecast, marketing budget, lead management system, booking report, star reports and sales meeting minutes
• Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
• Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Internally promote PM Hotel Group programs.
• Meet with and entertain clients, some of which will require travel.
• Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
• Initiate preparation of computerized annual sales & marketing plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
• Organize and/or attend scheduled sales department and related meetings.WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
QUALIFICATIONS + SKILLS:
- Creative I Collaborative I Enthusiastic I People Person
- Proven, dynamic leader and self-starter.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to recruit and establish sales team.
- Demonstrated problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Luxury and independent hotel experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
ABOUT PM HOTEL GROUPAwards + Accolades:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Travel/Tourism, Sales/Marketing or similar preferred
- 5 years sales management experience in the hospitality industry
- Previous experience as a Hotel Sales Manager with a major hotel brand preferred.
- Minimum 2 years managing a team of sales managers (including outside/direct sales experience)
PM is PEOPLE-POWERED
- Recognized as a Best Place to Work in Hospitality as seen in Hotel Business (2019)
- Fastest Growing Private Companies in DC – Washington Business Journal (2020 + 2019)
- Inc 5000 – Fastest Growing Private Hospitality Companies (2019)
- AHLA Paving the Way Award 2021 – Vanessa Stanley
At PM Hotel Group we are passionate about fostering an environment that allows our associates to thrive. Creating a culture dedicated to respect, teamwork, entrepreneurial spirit, and the drive to succeed, we encourage our associates to express themselves and their unique talents. We celebrate diversity and are committed to equity and inclusion.
A top-15 hotel management company, PM Hotel Group has over two decades of experience building relationships with brands, partners, and third-party hotel owners. We know that our greatest resource is our people, and this people-first mindset is at the heart of our corporate DNA. LIFE AT PM HOTEL GROUP
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Direct Selling
- Hospitality Industry