Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a global leader in industrial packaging products and services and is pursuing its vision to become the world’s best performing customer service company in industrial packaging. The company produces steel, plastic and fibre drums, intermediate bulk containers, reconditioned containers, flexible products, containerboard, uncoated recycled paperboard, coated recycled paperboard, tubes and cores and a diverse mix of specialty products. The company also manufactures packaging accessories and provides filling, packaging and other services for a wide range of industries. Greif also manages timber properties in the southeastern United States. The company is strategically positioned with 290 operating locations in 43 countries to serve global as well as regional customers.
Cedar Rapids Area
Responsible for the oversight and management of the maintenance function of the facility to assure the safety, reliability and maintenance of equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Greif’s accounting policies, financial control procedures, and standards of conduct. Ensures that Subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Greif Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Manages the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance of equipment.
- Assures that major equipment and furnishings are maintained in a safe, operable condition and/or arrange for replacement.
- Arranges and coordinates safety inspections as appropriate. Follows up on deficiencies and recommendations.
- Participates in the process and function of the plant’s safety committee.
- Ensures that facilities and grounds are maintained in accordance with relevant regulations, agency standards and fiscal consideration.
- Develops, implements and regularly reviews site-specific maintenance logs.
- Conducts periodic maintenance inspections of facility. Provides a summary of maintenance recommendations and plans to Production Manager.
- Evaluates long-term needs in relation to major projects and property improvements.
- Develops, implements and reviews equipment records.
- Establishes procedures and contacts to ensure timely repairs of equipment requiring minor repairs on a frequent basis.
- Arranges or provides training for personnel as it relates to the safety and maintenance needs of the facilities; May attend training programs relevant to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Ensures that high standards of safety are developed, met and maintained at facility; ensures a safe and healthy workplace environment.
- Reports to work on a regular, consistent basis during the hours required.
- Works safely on a regular, consistent basis.
- Supports and leads all elements of OPEX activities to include, but not limited to Performance Management, Leader Standard Work, Operator Basic Care, 5’s, Maintenance Reliability and Root Cause Problem Solving.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Greif Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures related to maintenance and safety.
- Participates in annual budget preparation as it relates to safety and maintenance of facilities, grounds and equipment.
- Completes other assignments as deemed appropriate.
- Bachelor of Science in a technical field of study preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in industrial maintenance in the Pulp and Paper industry.
- Working Knowledge of applicable safety laws and industry best practices.
- Considerable tact and human relations skills in interacting with all levels of management and facility employees a must.
- Superior problem-solving skills required.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel, and CMMS.
- Demonstrated Supervisory skills in multi-craft operation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not take into consideration the following when making hiring decisions: race, gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, disability status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Disclaimer: This Job Summary indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested.