If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Scope and Responsibilities
* Manage the month-end close process ensuring completeness, accuracy and timeliness of data, including cross validation with different sources of information (i.e. ERPs vs consolidation tool);
* Ensure compliance with current accounting practices, corporate policies and procedures and regulatory requirements;
* Maintains the control environment to identify, analyze, validate and report fluctuations and variances;
* Responsible for the recording of divisional level Journal Entries for JVs, acquisitions Purchase Price Allocations, and other recurring entries including performing and maintaining account reconciliations;
* Owns the consolidation process for the three operating segments, ensuring eliminating Intercompany activities and profits; validating of key accounts (e.g. CTA, Equity accounts, Retained Earnings rolls);
* Supports the sites in reporting/loading financial and non-financial information, including updating to GL-to-consolidation tool COA translation; providing training on accounting and non-accounting activities (i.e. consolidation tool and other systems).
* Produce division analytics for internal and external (auditors) customers;
* Generate proactive business and financial analysis, identify important trends and perform detailed variance analysis to assist the division in achieving its objectives.
* Maintains the control environment to ensure compliance with SOX requirements, including but not limited to maintaining close check logs; obtaining supporting documentation; reviewing or obtaining (depending on the case) approval to transactions and activities;
* Assist in the budgeting and forecasting processes;
* Liaison between corporate and sites in the implementation of new accounting and reporting requirements;
* Supports finance (VPs of Finance) and non-finance divisional (e.g. Presidents, direct reports) and other Flowserve executives (e.g. CAO, Dir. Ext. Reporting, Director of Corporate FP&A, VP Taxes, Director of Investors Relations, etc.);
* Key player in analysis complex transactions, including integration of new ventures;
* Data Collection and Analysis - Make authoritative recommendations that have a significant impact on the business over the short and long term. Recommendations could be technical or professional in nature.
* Financial Information Systems - Own the development of financial systems for the company or group. Own the governance of finance systems to ensure they adhere to group accounting and statutory rules.
* Financial Management and Control - Manage a significant portion of the organization's financial management and/or control processes.
* Financial Policies, Guidelines, and Protocols - Lead and coordinate the development and delivery of financial policies, guidelines, and protocols in own area of specialization to ensure the company complies with regulations and good financial practice.
* Leadership and Direction - Identify and communicate the actions needed to implement the function's strategy and business plan within the business area or department; explain the relationship to the broader organization's mission, vision and values; motivate people to commit to these and to doing extraordinary things to achieve local business goals.
* Information and Business Advice - Provide authoritative specialist advice to senior managers at the business unit or regional level to enable the implementation of policy, projects, and change initiatives.
* Operational Compliance - Ensure that business activities within the area of responsibility comply with relevant external regulatory and/or voluntary codes and with internal policies and procedures to minimize business risk and to protect the reputation of the organization.
* Organizational Capability Building - Evaluate the capabilities of staff within the department to identify gaps and prioritize development activities. Implement the organization's formal development frameworks within the area of responsibility. Coach and mentor others to support the development of the organization's talent pool.
* Performance Management - Manage and report on performance within the department or area of responsibility; set appropriate performance objectives for direct reports and hold them accountable for achieving these; take appropriate corrective action where necessary to ensure the achievement of annual business objectives.
* Other duties as assigned
* Improve (incl. accelerating) the close cycle without jeopardizing quality of product
* Shift focus from mechanics to analysis, resulting in enhanced analytics
* Develop and implement tools to manage/analyze by exception
* Develop the team
* Cross train and back up all positions and activities
* Accounting degree required, CPA preferred
* 7+ years of accounting experience, including accounting, reporting, SOX and some level of consolidation finance process
* People manager 3+ years
* Industrial manufacturing experience
* Must be a proactive individual capable of monitoring the execution of the process, submission/reception of data, the execution of controls, and making the necessary changes to upgrade systems and policies and procedures.
* Detail oriented
* Exceptional leadership, management, communication, teamwork, collaboration, and influencing skills
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Experience w/ SAP-BPC (or Hyperion)
* Ability to travel
* Strong analytical skills
Req ID : R-2561
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access flowservecareers.com as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Manager, Financial Reporting
. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Planning
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Consolidation (Financial)
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)