Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
We’re bringing the magic of Macy’s to the exciting world of foodservice and changing the way our customers experience shopping. From full-service restaurants to fast-casual options we pride ourselves on giving our customers a chance to relax, refuel, and enjoy. The secret ingredient to our success is our team of skilled culinary workers who are passionate about food. We offer great job opportunities in restaurant management, culinary arts, food sales, and in-store Starbucks locations. Every role is different, so you’re sure to find something delicious!
The Lead Food Cook Associate supports the Kitchen Supervisor/Executive Chef in running an efficient, professional, safe and profitable food operation following all company standards. Primary responsibility is to produce craveable food items by using product knowledge.
- Follows and ensure team follows Food Division Standards and Best Practices.
- Effectively deal with multiple customers and communicate customer requests or concerns to other associates and manager on duty.
- Assist in providing culinary and food production training on an on-going basis to associates.
- Assist in managing kitchen and food cost expenses.
- Monitor food quality by completing A.M. and P.M. line checks.
- Provide education to service staff on new products and menus.
- Demonstrate a positive role model for Magic Selling.
- During shift, provides leadership and directs associates in providing craveable food products and caring hospitality.
- Assist in maintaining food cost goal by proper purchasing, production, waste control, storage, handling, and inventory.
- Maintain role model standards in grooming, professional appearance, and communications.
- Meet high standards of workplace safety, sanitation and equipment care and safety as set by the Health Department and company policy.
- Assist in preparing, producing, and presenting all food items.
- Assist in product ordering and receiving.
- Provide ongoing coaching and recognition to increase team’s performance.
- Completes timely payment of invoices according to vendor contracts and Food Division Best Practices.
- Assist with food inventories following Inventory Best Practices to ensure they are taken on a timely and accurate basis to ensure targeted food and liquor costs are maintained.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of special events.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No Education Required.
- 1-2 years direct experience Required.
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Must be able to follow instructions and recipes.
- Must be able to anticipate and solve problems.
- Must be able to operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to delegate tasks.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department.
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling and stooping.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs.
- Extended periods of standing in areas of high heat are required. Some kneeling, stooping, crouching, or crawling may be required. Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to work in close quarters.
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Lead Cook - Wolfgang Puck Restaurant, South Coast Plaza - Full Time here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Lead Cook - Wolfgang Puck Restaurant, South Coast Plaza - Full Time here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Lead Cook - Wolfgang Puck Restaurant, South Coast Plaza - Full Time here.
- Storage (Warehousing)