Colorado Springs, CO
Direct Hire/Perm Placement
Colorado Springs, CO
**Due to the nature of the work, this opportunity is only open to W2 U.S. Citizens with the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance of Secret or Higher. Visa and Green Card Holders can not be considered.**
Seeking a Project Engineer
for a client who sits as a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions/services and cutting-edge innovator working to solve tough challenges. Known for designing and delivering leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success.
This person will work directly under the Project Manager, coordinating with the design team as the authority for assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- supports development and maintenance of the technical plan from project kick-off through closure of the contract.
- Responsible for tracking execution of technical scope as defined by the design authority, with a focus of maintaining cost and schedule goals.
- Facilitates coordination of cross-functional engineering teams for internal engineering activities.
- Supports program management and design team with development of program planning strategies, technical cost estimates, risk management, logistics management, preparation of data, status updates and preparation of presentations for internal/external customer reviews.
- Leads a cross functional design team to develop a design and system architecture to meet the customer requirements for high technology hardware and software for satellite, telecommunications, and space related products.
- Provides Inputs for estimates to complete, reviews schedules, and coordinates with integrated product team (IPT) leads and program management office, as applicable.
- Deciphers technical contractual requirements, allocating to the appropriate engineering teams.
- Manages and addresses the technical Supplier Data Requirements List (SDRL) and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) items and other applicable contract deliverables.
- Manages planning and work packages: initiate, create, authorize, review, distribute, status work package. - Assesses project technical risks and provides mitigation plans.
- Coordinates the review, presentation and release of design documentation to support requirements compliance for Technical Interchange Meetings, Preliminary/Critical Design Reviews.
- Coordinates with the Program Manager (PM), design team and functional management to communicate program impediments or issues / delays in completing tasks.
- Manages requirement traceability through verification, using tools such as a Requirements Verification Matrix.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Basic project management and engineering skills including resource estimates for engineering effort requirements (hours) and timing (schedule)
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including MS Project for schedule development/ review
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing tasks and resources for multiple projects
- Strong experience with engineering fundamentals, best practices, development, & design tools
- Experienced in “Open Space” software development and products
- Experienced and knowledgeable with DoD, satellite, and telecommunication type programs
- Knowledgeable in best industry practices, standards, tools, and technologies
- Good communication and relationship skills with program leadership, engineering leadership, customers and engineering team members
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors, maintaining a professional demeanor
- Software and product development techniques, Agile, SCRUM, plus Water-fall approaches
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Engineering management experience in the aerospace or aviation industry
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing tasks and resources for multiple projects and / or elements on a complex program
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to meet department and company goals and requirements for assigned project(s)
- Knowledge of compliance elements for ISO, EVMS and Export regulations
- Basics of finance, accounting and earned value management practices and procedures, tracking effort spent versus projected effort to accomplish tasks
- Familiarity with: vFEP/qFEP, vGTW, qCMD, qMR, qDRA, DDX, and SpecNet
- Ability to travel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable engineering, technical, or science discipline
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience with Engineering, Systems, Integration, Test, Software, and / or Engineering Project Leadership, preferably within the aerospace or aviation industries, or minimum 5 years with Master’s degree
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Project Engineer
Earned Value Management
Project Management Office