A Robert Half client in the hospitality industry seeks a results oriented, strong Accounting Manager for an immediate opening. In this role, you will be responsible for directing and coordinating the daily activities of the accounting staff to efficiently and accurately record financial information from daily facility operational records to provide reliable financial reporting to the Financial Controller and Facility Manager. This a great opportunity to work for a company that will appreciate your efforts and reward your results.
• Reports to: Financial Controller
• Supervision Exercised: Staff Accountants
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for accurate financial records for diverse revenue centers
• Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
• Approves account reconciliations and journal entries and advises staff of the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
• Works directly with external and internal auditors along with the Financial Controller to ensure a clean and accurate audit
• Prepares staff performance evaluations and handles personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, and performance issues
• Works with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
• Interviews and recommends candidates for hiring, mentors/develops personnel, coordinates and provides training to new and existing staff
• Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives
• Responds to inquiries from the Financial Controller and Facility Management regarding financial results and special reporting requests
• Supports the Financial Controller with special projects as well as stands in for other supervisors in their absence
• Supports budget and forecasting activities
• Perform all other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree and/or experience
• Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
• Must be able to perform duties confidentially and professionally
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills that provide the ability to interact with all levels of the organization with a high customer service orientation
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while meeting critical deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Must possess strong employee relation skills including, but not limited to motivation and corrective action.
• Ability to independently manage high-level technical projects from start to finish.
• Strong Analytical skills providing expertise to work through issues on a diverse scale, where analysis of data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
• Must be assertive, detail oriented and have strong organizational skills.
• Strong analytical and technical GAAP knowledge.
Training and Experience:
• Experience 5+ years Experience in Accounting; preferred
• Experience 6 months - 3 years - Two years experience with tribal authority accounting; preferred
• Experience 6 months - 3 years - Two years supervisory experience; preferred
• Experience 5+ years Microsoft Excel, Great Plains, and FRX experience; preferred
• Administrative Assistant Certification or equivalent
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• All candidates required to undergo background check
• All candidates required to undergo drug screening with a negative result
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)