NextGen Federal Systems is currently seeking multiple Software Engineers (Senior – Principal - Chief) with experience supporting Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) C4ISR programs delivering capabilities to the warfighter. Selected candidates will support the design, development, integration, and maintenance of cloud native data services for the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) in Springfield, VA.
The work location will be a combination of remote and part-time on-site support at NGA Campus East (NCE). NextGen software engineers will be developing and modernizing NGA’s OpenDataStore (ODS) system using industry best practices, standards and agile development processes; utilizing open source software solutions, cutting-edge technologies, with DevOps tools and techniques with development on unclassified networks and then promoted to other networks.
Location: St. Louis, MO
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology, or closely related field
- Experience using Linux operating system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to obtain TS/SCI security clearance (active TS/SCI preferred)
- Object-Oriented (OO) Programming skills with modern development languages
- Cloud, DevOps, Open Source technologies (AWS, VMware Tanzu Application Service (TAS), Cloud Foundry, Docker, NiFi, Zookeeper, Kibana, Grafana)
- Databases (Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Solr)
- Agile Development processes and tools (Scrum, JIRA)
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) (Jenkins, GitLab CI, GitLab Runners)
- Test-Driven Development Methodologies (JUnit)
- Distributed computing platforms (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), micro-services, container technologies
- Web and SOA technologies, RESTful web services, geospatial databases and/or geospatial (GIS) technologies
About NextGen: NextGen Federal Systems is an innovative technology and professional services provider specializing in advanced software solutions and comprehensive mission and business support services. We work in close collaboration with our Customers to truly understand their business and mission goals. Our approach is to design, build, implement, and manage solutions that measurably improve our client’s organizational performance. We have established and foster a corporate culture where we:
- Treat employees with fairness and respect regardless of their position, sexual identity, race, or tenure.
- Communicate the importance of our mission and our employees’ contributions to it, ensuring they understand how their job role contributes to the greater good.
- Openly promote and communicate our ideas for change and adaptability.
- Strive to achieve results as an organization.
- Hold employees accountable to their commitments and provide incentives that encourage positive and productive behaviors.
- Value the talents and contributions of our employees as the key factor for our success.
- Create an environment where people can engage at all levels.
- Encourage people to take risks and allow them to make mistakes.
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Web Services
- Apache Nifi
- Apache Solr
- Apache Zookeeper