Sign On Bonus $7,000 and Relocation Assistance Available
Employee Referral $500
Night Shift 2030 - 0700 and work every other weekend
Salary: Based on years of relevant experience
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
Medical Laboratory Scientist Opportunity in Beautiful Southern Oregon! Will Consider MLT as well.
Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center (ARRMC), located in Medford, Oregon, is a 378-bed regional referral and trauma center featuring the latest medical technology and clinical expertise. The hospital team delivers nationally recognized heart and stroke care, orthopedic services, cancer care, and diabetes care, as well as a comprehensive range of key services including neurology and neurosurgery, bariatric surgery, rehabilitation services, hospice services, and the region's only neonatal intensive care unit.
The Laboratory at Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center conducts over one million billed tests per year, a major factor in our designation as a 100 Top Cardiovascular Hospital. Our staff of skilled professionals (including nine Pathologists) covers a full range of specialties, including Chemistry, Special Chemistry, Hematology, Blood Bank, Cytology, Microbiology and Histology. Our lab is also a Red Cross Depot Center and offers an extensive esoteric menu through Special Chemistry.
The lab features the following equipment: Total Lab Automation (one of the first sites in the state to offer this feature) Misys LIS; DXC 800; LX 20; DXI; LH 750; Advance; ProVue Automation available in Blood Bank; Automated MIC and Blood Culture Instrumentation in Microbiology. In addition to supporting our nationally recognized cardiovascular program, our labs support a wide range of clinical specialties, including oncology, a neonatal intensive care unit, three general intensive care units, and trauma care. In addition to being CAP accredited, our laboratory is also AABB certified.
Med Tech Education
- Bachelor's degree in Laboratory Sciences or related field
- Completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Scientist program
PLEASE NOTE: Additional experience accepted in lieu of Bachelor's degree for grandfathered MT's certified by ASCP.
- Associates in Clinical Laboratory required, bachelors preferred.
- None outside of licensure is required
One of the following is required:
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) certified by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Board of Certification, or
- Eligibility for Medical Laboratory Scientist MLS (ASCP) certification exam at time of hire, with successful completion of MLS (ASCP) certification exam within 6 months of hire
- MLT: Successful completion of a CAAHEP or NAACLS accredited MLT-C program or completion of a 50 week military medical laboratory specialist program
Unit Specific for ARRMC Lab department ONLY: A specialty certification from the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) may be considered in lieu of Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) certification
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
What We Offer Our Flexible Workforce (Per diem/On-call)
- Competitive starting wage
- An additional 15% on top of the base hourly rate (if not an employee already in a benefited position)
- Benefit option available through the Asante Flexible Workforce plan
- Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includesAsante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland,Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford,Asante Three Rivers Medical Centerin Grants Pass,Asante Physician Partnersthroughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.