You believe in an open, inclusive culture where everyone can thrive. Sodexo is hiring our Resource Food Operations Manager 3 for Universities based out of Prescott, Arizona. This temporary one year position will enjoy extensive benefits, and compensated travel throughout the southwest region and more, with potential for permanent hire. Our successful candidate will be a true leader with a demonstrated history of building cohesive and happy teams. Primary responsibilities are managing and inspiring our teams to achieve top culinary performance. A master at the Campus front of the house operations, this role will manage innovation, food safety, sanitation, scheduling, food and labor costs. COVID response experience preferred. Driving is a requirement of the role and thus a valid Driver’s license is required.
The passion to serve innovative and creative food while managing food and labor costs within budget is a must. Successful candidates must be highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Strong financial acumen and experience with advanced software skills are high priorities for the best qualified candidates.
The successful candidate will:
- Have three or more years of experience in a supervisory role, preferably within a campus setting preferred
- Meet high expectations for customer service and quality of food
- High volume experience
- Strong understanding of financials as they apply to cost controls of food and labor
- Strong food safety and sanitation and HACCP standards
- Ability and willingness to develop and train hourly employees
- Passion for food and innovation
- Ability to think out of the box
- Have oversight of day-to-day operations
- Deliver high quality food service
- Achieve company and client financial targets and goals
- Develop and maintain client and customer relationships
- Develop strategic plans
- Create a positive environment
- Ensure Sodexo standards are met
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively
- Have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance
- Can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service
- Prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo DRIVE System The Market Connection (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This is only for internal candidates as external candidates won’t have this knowledge
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts.
Click here for more information about [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Food Operations Manager 3.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Food Operations Manager 3.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
- Food Safety
- Food Services
- Computer Literacy