Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Installation Products provide customers with engineered installation and safety solutions, which are easier to design, install and maintain - providing sustainable and superior performance for continuous operation throughout their life span.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
The role reports to Assistant General Manager and is located in Byhalia, Mississippi. As a Operations Manager, manage a group or groups engaged in a variety of activities within the Operations organization. Promote, develop and implement measures to achieve cost-effective improvements in operations, increase customer satisfaction, and ensure compliance with policies and regulations. Your responsibilities
- Plan, schedule, assign work, and ensure activities are in compliance with Company policies and procedures, and with codes and regulations.
- Monitor product quality and customer relations and initiate responsive measures, as applicable. Anticipate and introduce timely, effective actions to resolve problems.
- Manage activities and initiate measures to ensure efficient operations and achieve long-term cost savings.
- Maintain awareness of new developments and technologies and direct subsequent investigations regarding their utilization.
- Participate in meetings and conferences and act as spokesperson for the organization on highly significant matters. Negotiate such matters as costs, design features and schedules with suppliers and customers.
- Advise senior managers regarding such matters as most effective means of complying with new contract stipulations and improving customer relations.
- Provide guidance and arrange for training of staff. Provide administrative support to senior managers and advise less experienced supervisors regarding the more complex aspects of their assignments.
- Manage and document employee performance and initiate responsive actions.
More about us
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related field with 8 to 12 years of experience, or alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.