The Purchasing Manager will not be managing anyone, but will be managing the entire purchasing process for all commercial construction projects in the DMV area. The Purchasing Manager (Agent) will work with Project Managers to obtain scope of work including materials needed, quantity/volume, and budget to secure/purchase these materials from vendors, ensuring budgets are met, shipments are delivered on time to meet project deadlines, and updates are communicated to the team in a timely manner. The Purchasing Manager (Agent) will need to be able to negotiate best pricing to work within budgets allotted for the project in addition to managing vendor relationships and attending meetings regarding new vendors and estimates when requested etc.
Commercial Construction Projects, Purchasing Functions, Purchasing Management, Purchasing Materials, Purchasing Activities, Negotiate Pricing, Project Budgets, Vendor Management, Purchase Orders
- 4+ years of purchasing experience; someone who can solely manage the purchasing process.
- Commercial construction industry is highly desired, but will consider relatable industry where similar materials had to be purchased (carpentry, drywall, ceilings, millwork, and metal paneling etc.).
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, high attention to detail, deadline driven, numbers driven, professional, and able to make good business decisions.
Sell on job/Benefits:
- Offers great stability with employees with 20-25 years tenure.
- Excellent benefits, 8 paid holidays, 2 weeks vacation (10 days) after 1 year/15 days after 3 years, 2 personal days, 401k w/match, christmas bonus, etc.
- Business casual environment with opportunity to wear jeans on Friday.
- Great work-life balance with standard 8-5PM business hours M-F and 3:00PM Fridays in the summer (memorial day to labor day).
- Year-end Christmas parties and team events (baseball games).
- Will be required to work 100% on site in the office, but you will have your own office.
Qualified candidates should directly apply and connect with Brittany Clark on LinkedIn. Direct messages can be sent via LI messenger or to the email found on Brittany Clark's LinkedIn page. Be sure to include an updated resume and salary requirements.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Purchasing Manager (Agent)
for more information.