American Renal Associates, a national provider of quality dialysis services, is experiencing rapid growth and we are searching for the right individuals to help continue our superb performance. We are currently accepting applications for the following position in our Corporate Headquarters, located at the modern and convenient Cummings Center in Beverly, MA:
Human Resources Generalist
The HR Generalist is a dedicated individual who supports the Employee Relations team in resolving staff member complaints and inquiries, utilizing a solid knowledge of HR functions. This individual actively applies a solid foundation and knowledge of HR best practice while promoting and enforcing company policies and procedures, while ensuring compliance with federal and state-specific guidelines.
The HR Generalist also supports the Leave Administration team in the day-to-day management of all Leave of Absence/FMLA/ADA cases staff members in an assigned region(s). Occasionally, the HR Generalist may assist in other areas of the HR function on a project basis.
- Acts as a member of the internal HR Service organization, focused on providing excellent customer service to our staff.
- Treats each dialysis unit as a “client,” evaluates the needs and proactively develops, implements and delivers service plans which advance the units success and maintain our core values.
- Serves as first point of contact for HR inquiries within assigned region(s), responsible for answering form related requests and policy and procedural questions.
- Conveys complex information and takes steps to ensure understanding of LOA and ADA policies and requirements. Provides necessary relevant documents.
- Provides guidance to Employee Relations and LOA teams in regards to HR best practice, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Provides field managers with interpretation and guidance regarding HR policies and legal compliance matters to ensure fair and consistent application ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements including Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and American Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA).
- Promptly and thoroughly investigates human resource issues and complaints with assistance as necessary from department experts (legal, compliance, clinical etc.). Maintains thorough documentation on all matters pertaining to investigations and problem resolution including the actions taken. Consults with the Regional Vice Presidents, Medical Directors & Physician Partners, VP & Manager of Human Resources and legal counsel, on highly complex or high-risk issues.
- Guides and assists field managers on performance management, progressive discipline issues, leave of absence, and terminations in accordance with company policies and procedures as well as applicable federal and state regulations.
- Responsible for active, full-cycle management of all open leave of absence and ADA cases including administrative aspects and advising managers and staff on procedures and regulations. Determines staff member FMLA eligibility and advises on course of action if not eligible. Applies solid understanding of state and Federal laws when managing cases.
- Coordinates with the Benefits department on benefit eligibility for staff members during lifecycle of LOA.
- Utilizes Leave Case Management software as applicable.
- Maintains ongoing communication with field offices on matters related to Leave of Absence management.
- Coordinates with Payroll department to advise on matters related to pay for staff members on leave.
- Provides information to 3rd party Short-Term Disability (STD) carrier to verify eligibility. Monitors STD claims management.
- Under guidance from Leave Administration Supervisor or Manager, handles Accommodation requests under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Communicates with other departments regarding employment data while maintaining appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- Assists with administration of Unemployment and Worker’s Compensation Cases.
- Maintains and updates several online databases, and HR reporting systems, ensuring accuracy and data integrity.
- Drafts and maintains Human Resources documents, complex spreadsheets, generation/creation of reports and forms. Utilizes HR reporting system in developing, preparing and distributing routine HR reports.
- Supports HR team with Background check/Drug Screen procedures as needed.
- May assist in reviewing employment documentation, including I-9’s, for compliance and communicate correction requests to field managers as needed.
- May assist in the development/execution of trainings focused on increasing manager skill sets as well as staff member trainings on professionalism, conflict management, diversity in the workplace and sexual harassment.
- Coordinates, schedules and tracks materials for various training programs, acquisitions and other initiatives.
- Proactively identifies methods and means to address reoccurring issues by collaborating with the various HR departments to ensure appropriate resolution to issues.
- Assists with distribution of company-wide HR correspondence as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required. Advanced degree or professional certification a plus.
- 2-4 years of experience in performing human resource related functions. Familiarity with Leave of Absence regulations and processes strongly preferred.
- Requires strong understanding of state and Federal laws. Requires understanding of how work impacts Benefits, Payroll and Employee Relations functions.
- Experience in consultative environment a plus.
- Ability to work with and maintain sensitive and confidential information required.
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to actively contribute as a team player and superior attention to detail required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high standards of accuracy required.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize while alternating between tasks.
- Adaptability and willingness to consistently learn new skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Experience with ADP HRIS systems preferred.
ARA offers competitive pay and great benefits which include: health insurance, vision, dental, company-paid life insurance, company-paid disability, pet insurance, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, a generous paid time off program and company- sponsored celebrations. Please visit our website at www.americanrenal.com to learn more about us!
ARA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – We value diversity in our workplace.
DFWP/ EOE: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
#jobid:JV4 #MON #CB
Qualified candidates please copy and paste the following link to apply:
Equal Opportunity Employer
American Renal Associates LLC is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free work place. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
ARA Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993
Sexual Harassment Awareness
Automated Data Processing (Adp)
Americans With Disabilities Act Amendments Act (Adaaa)