LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (URL blocked - click to apply) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
- Develops, deploys and manages the procurement strategies for commodities and services required to support company operations. These commodities and services are less complex, narrower in focus and tend to be more transparent markets than those led by the Sr. Category Manager.
- May involve multi-year/multi-million dollar expenditures negotiated and contracted utilizing national agreements by buyers. Utilizes comprehensive and systemic market analysis for the goods/services procured to drive lowest total cost and maximum value to the company.
- Manages effective internal client and supplier relationships up to the senior level.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Executes strategic sourcing following the agreed processes and sourcing strategy methodology. Utilizes market analysis and contracting strategies for commodities. Promotes cross-functional teams in assessing risks and developing models associated with supply and technical compliance.
- Ensures the deployment of strategic purchasing plans driven by customer requirements, manufacturing results and capabilities, distribution and logistics objectives and business economics.
- Implements measurement systems that clearly indicate the performance level of the sourcing strategy and supplier effectiveness. Maintains focus on added value, lowest total "life cycle" cost and cost savings.
- Development of reporting personnel and peers through dialogs, skill gap analysis and training.
- Promotes excellent working relationships with internal customers and other supporting organizations.
- Maintains relationships with key business and manufacturing partners and key supplier contacts.
- Ensures that business drivers, departmental goals and measures are aligned.
- Recognized as a leader and an expert in segments, commodities and/or categories assigned; providing knowledge and expertise within this area.
- Develops and implements supplier continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred
- 3+ years of chemical or related industry experience and knowledge related to purchasing and materials management is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in positions mastering knowledge of business processes in a commercial environment preferred.
- Experience in establishing commodity/segment strategies and management preferred.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available URL blocked - click to apply.
Nearest Major Market: Houston