To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jeffersonville, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Payroll Client Manager
Heartland Payment Systems • Jeffersonville, IN
Posted 25 days ago
Summary:The Client Manager is responsible for reducing year-over-year attrition within a defined portfolio of HPS payroll accounts, with equal weight given to overall client count and overall margin attrition in the portfolio. Also responsible for identifying cross-sell opportunities for existing clients and proactively contacting all new clients in the defined portfolio.
What will you be doing?
- Develops productive working relationships with key sales leaders within a defined portfolio to proactively identify at-risk clients and execute mutually-agreeable strategies to retain/grow accounts. Also acts as a liaison between HPS sales and service where appropriate.
- Responds timely and effectively to all requests for client reviews, rate analysis, product information, account terminations, etc. whether from the regional sales or service teams.Negotiates with client to maximize margin potential. Manages client issues, provides feedback to the sales or service teams to ensure adequate follow up and escalates where appropriate.
- Daily monitoring of key metrics and reporting to identify and react to attrition suspects. Review processes objectively and recommend more efficient methods to clients and HPS sales leaders.
- Captures and analyzes reasons for client attrition through basic interview techniques with terminating merchants. Use analysis and information to incorporate ways to save current clients who may be experiencing the same issues/concerns. Recommends solutions to clients, teammates and HPS management.
- Establishes regular outbound calling processes to new and existing clients to initiate relationships and ensure client is satisfied.
- Knows triggers for attrition intimately, and maintains a clear understanding of and can represent to management the current status of attrition in the defined portfolio. Aggressively works to identify reasons and solutions for attrition.
- Stays current on all HPS products, services and important industry changes in order to appropriately assign a solution to client requests. Regularly presents additional product solutions in all client interactions.
- Interprets competitor statements/invoices and performs rate analysis quickly and effectively.
- Accountable for timely and accurate status reporting to management when requested.
- May identify new business opportunities and initiate or participate in business development activities.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nor are such responsibilities, duties and skills static; changes will occur over time.
What are the requirements?
Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field, or equivalent sales, payroll processing, and/or account
At least 2 years related sales, payroll processing and/or account management experience
Has experience meeting/exceeding an aggressive sales goal with defined metrics and a proven track record of success.
Management experiences a plus
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong business, analytics and technical aptitude
Above average execution of consultative selling techniques and negotiation skills
Exceptional basic math skills
Strategic thinking capability to provide vision and guidance to the organization
Demonstrated management skills with proven ability to build and manage internal and external relationships
Well organized, attentive to detail and able to multi-task
Maintains a positive attitude and a willingness to work independently or with a team
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Those required in a typical office environment including sitting most of the time, finger dexterity for computer and paper work, talking to convey detailed or important instructions, average hearing for normal conversations, and average visual acuity.
No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the associate or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
HPS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to qualifying employees.
HPS is an equal opportunity employer
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.