Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of STRUCTURAL HEART disease. We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
For years, Abbott’s MEDICAL DEVICES businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁnger sticks.
Support packaging and labeling processes for established product lines. Develop packaging and labeling for new products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Select, procure, install, and validate of packaging and labeling equipment
- Assist in conducting Process FMEAs
- Identify and implement packaging/labeling process improvement projects
- Support design, develop and test a wide variety of packaging used for the protection, display, and handling of products
- Determine packaging specifications according to the nature of the product, cost limitations, legal requirements, and the type of protection required, considering need for resistance to such external variables as moisture, corrosive chemicals, temperature variations, light, heat, rough handling, and tampering
- Assist in designing package exteriors considering such factors as product identification, sales appeal, aesthetic quality, printing and production techniques
- Responsibilities include documentation management and an understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Creation and management of change requests within the document control system
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Packaging Engineering or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years experience in packaging or material handling
- Medical device experience preferred
- Understanding of FDA, GMP, and ISO guidelines
- Requires ability to be innovative, resourceful, and work with minimal direction
- Requires excellent organization, problem solving, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
• A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
• Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
• Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
• Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
• Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
• The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Packaging Engineer
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Packaging Engineer, on Facebook at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Packaging Engineer and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal
Packaging And Labeling
Good Manufacturing Practices
Business Process Improvement
Complex Problem Solving