To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- McLean, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Administrative Assistant III
Intelsat • McLean, VA
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.0
Department: 17143.Media Services
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: None
Education: Two years of college or technical school
Experience: At least 5 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
The Administrative Coordinator performs a variety of complex administrative duties in support of the Vice President & General Manager, Media, the Vice President & General Manager, Mobility, the Director, Marketing, their management team, and supporting team members including some geographically diverse throughout the United states. Many of these administrative duties are of a highly confidential and sensitive nature that requires comprehensive knowledge of organizational policies, practices, and procedures. The position ensures smooth, efficient, and timely administrative operations of the department. The individual will apply critical thinking in accessing work, rather than routinely working through tasks.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks including coordinating meetings/events, creating and maintaining paper and electronic files, preparing correspondence, preparing documents for publication/dissemination, processing and responding to requests for information or materials, and liaising with other departments or external vendors to coordinate activities/projects.
- Manage day-to-day calendar, answer/respond to all incoming calls, and receive/sort incoming mail and compose correspondence for the department executives.
- Coordinate inventory and reorder office supplies for the departments for department executives and directors.
- Prepare and file expense reports and assist with travel arrangements for department executives.
- Coordinate meetings and mange logistics, including room reservations, ordering meals, setting up facility, preparing handouts/materials, and addressing special needs of the department.
- Assist with department collateral creation and management across networks drives and SharePoint areas.
- Perform department specific responsibilities and projects; for example: consolidate team status reports, take meeting minutes and report outstanding action items, data entry, billing and receiving, create and maintain department internal online documents, etc.
- Assist with monthly financial reporting and analysis including yearly budget support activities.
- Manage all Procurement Card reconciliations and Expense Reports.
- Support the creation of Purchase Requests and Orders along with tracking progress.
- Provide administrative and billing support for Marketing Event team.
- Maintain department SharePoint sites and conduct semi-annual review with department leads to ensure accuracy of posted documents.
- Coordinate recurring meetings and department off-sites.
- Assist with developing PowerPoint presentations for management team.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Very good knowledge with Microsoft Office Products, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Experience with executive level administrative duties
- Excellent attitude
- Willingness to take on initiatives
- Team player
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world’s leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat’s customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.