If you are a cybersecurity expert looking for an opportunity to continue working to protect against hacks and data breaches, Emerson Power and Water has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Pittsburgh, PA location, you will perform a variety of complex cybersecurity engineering functions related to the installation, service, and maintenance of Emerson products in the critical operations of power and water distributors in North American.
AS A SENIOR CYBERSECURITY FIELD ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Join a growing team focused on fighting high stake threats to our customers’ control systems. Our Power and Water Cybersecurity Suite (PWCS) secures the world's most critical infrastructure assets.
- Provide input to align PWCS products with the industry benchmarks in technology and standards.
- Analyze and solve the current engineering problems associated with the installation, start-up, and operation of our complex cybersecurity systems, as well as forecasting future hazards.
- Take a leading and proactive role in communicating within our teams and customers. Advise on manpower and material resources for major projects.
- Direct efforts of junior engineers engaged in the installation of cybersecurity systems, subsystems, equipment or their routine modification, maintenance, and repair.
- Become as knowledgeable as possible on company products in as short a period as possible, primarily thru existing training programs, hands on experience, and individual concerted effort.
- Use that same drive to keep up to date on latest project software and hardware developments, customer issues and industry trends. Support the integration of newfound/developed technology into our products and services.
WHO YOU ARE:
You build and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations. You display a can-do attitude in good and bad times and you effectively communicate in various settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, cybersecurity or equivalent combination of technical education (Associate's degree) and related experience required.
Six (6) years’ experience in job related field service activities, or progressively responsible leadership role in a customer facing support position.
Demonstrated ability to be self sufficient on project installations/start-ups, and has provided direction to others by applying advanced service technologies and practices.
Required travel up to 80% to customer sites in North America for multiple days, for international travel a passport will be required.
Legal authorization to work in the United States
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $16.8 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.