Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Reports to: President/CEO
Location: San Diego, CA (Kearny Mesa/El Cajon)
FLSA Status: Full-Time / Exempt
Dynalectric Company is a subsidiary of publicly traded EMCOR Group, Inc. (NYSE: EME), a Fortune 500® leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services for a diverse range of businesses. For 10 consecutive years, EMCOR Group, Inc. has been named one of the Top 5 “World’s Most Admired” Companies in the Engineering and Construction Industry by Fortune®.
Dynalectric is San Diego’s leader in complex, fully integrated design/build electrical services. Our project teams include specialists in the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of tele-data communications, audio/video, process control, building management and fire/safety installations.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the development and administration of Human Resource policies and procedures to ensure the Company is in compliance with EMCOR, Federal, State, and local requirements. The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to perform needed entry level to advanced HR responsibilities to lead the HR function for the Company, effectively supporting the Executive Management Team, all bargaining and non-bargaining employees, and EMCOR Corporate/EMCOR Construction Services (ECS) HR. This job requires a high energy level with a focus towards administration, compliance, analysis, and customer service. It may require infrequent travel to project sites.
The Human Resources Manager reports directly to Dynalectric San Diego’s Chief Executive Officer, with dotted-line reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, EMCOR Construction Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties will likely be assigned.
- Supports Executive Team as a business partner by providing guidance on employment laws, human resources practices, and related workforce issues that could impact business continuity or operations.
- Collaborate creatively across all levels of the organization while aligning all efforts with business strategy
- Development and administration of Company policies and procedures
- Maintains hiring, discipline, and termination practices in compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations including but not limited to EEOC and OFCCP compliance.
- Posts job using company approved system (UltiPro) and works with hiring managers to ensure qualified candidates are hired using legally compliant methods.
- Creates compliant annual Affirmative Action Plan, EEO-1 Reports and related Federal or State reports.
- Champion a diverse and inclusive environment; develop and implement diversity/outreach goals
- Develops and maintains recruiting, succession and development plans for Company.
- Presents company required HR related training, as needed, and/or ensures training compliance
- Manage any HR related audits, complaints, or employee relations issues.
- Coordinates new hire requests, interviewing process, pre-employment screening and new hire documentation for bargaining and non-bargaining in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for ongoing compliance of maintaining employee files and associated records in accordance with all state and federal requirements.
- Partners with Payroll Manager to ensure timely and accurate reporting of all weekly employee related deductions to Corporate Benefits in UltiPro.
- Manpower reporting as needed to assist operations.
- Responsible for preventing and, as needed, effectively resolving employee conflicts and processing terminations in compliance with any relevant state laws or regulations.
- Partners with Payroll Manager to manage Benefit (Medical/Dental/Life/FSA) enrollments, changes and billing as required in accordance with any applicable corporate deadlines and regulations.
- Partners with Payroll Manager to facilitate with corporate 401K enrollments, changes, updates as required with any applicable deadlines and regulations.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the company or as directed by management
- Able to work 40 hours per week in the San Diego office (Kearny Mesa/El Cajon).
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a related field required.
- Approximately 8 years progressive experience in human resources required, Experience must include direct recruiting, employee relations, benefits administration, and HR compliance responsibilities. Experience must include leave administration and ADA accommodations.
- Experience in effectively providing proactive insights and guidance to senior leadership team.
- Experience with on & off boarding union employees, desirable.
- Must demonstrated knowledge of Federal, State, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Experience with coordinating Worker’s Compensation with State and Federal FMLA and ADA requirements.
- Familiarity with HR controls/audits – ISO, SOX, EEO, OFCCP
- Performance management, and safety practices and the ability to apply this information in a manner that is compliant with relevant employment law required.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining confidence in all sensitive matters (i.e., employee relations, pay, etc.).
- Human resource experience in the construction industry and/or unions a plus.
- PHR, PHRca, or SHRM-CP certification a plus.
- Extremely proficient in Word (i.e., creating and updating business documents) and Excel (i.e., creating templates, creating formulas, filtering, etc.). This includes accuracy while maintaining quick keying speeds. Experience creating PowerPoint presentations, and editing documents using Adobe Acrobat. Visio a plus.
- Strong written communication skills in drafting company communications, letters, emails, documentation, etc.
- Strong verbal skills when interacting in person and by phone.
- Outstanding organizational skills, excellent time management, and high level of accuracy/attention to detail.
- Effective listener who takes accurate notes during meetings or interviews that can be used for documentation.
- Demonstrates ability and desire to lead a dynamic HR function that creates values at all levels of the organization.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Great people and “soft” skills; a self-starter with a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Adaptable and exhibit a flexible attitude and approach towards all assignments, some of which could be repetitive yet require accuracy.
- Possess a proven track record of working well and building positive working relationships with a wide variety of individuals and management, taking initiative, establishing priorities, and ownership of work.
- Exercise excellent judgment while being accountable, professionally mature and adept at recognizing and understanding people issues, organizational relationships and sensitivities.
- Demonstrate high integrity and unquestionable ethics and is a respectful team player.
- Hold in confidence all human resources, legal, and compensation matters as well as any other sensitive information.
- Open, visible and approachable communication style, both verbally and in writing.
- Well organized, flexible and enjoy performing and learning new HR administration and compliance skills.
- Think strategically, make sound decisions, and produce accurate and timely results.
- Maintain high standards of quality with attention to detail.
- Demonstrate commitment to company values and comply with all operating policies and procedures.
- Be solutions oriented and come prepared. Own mistakes and be prepared with a recovery plan.
- Proactively follow up when additional guidance or support is needed, or if an initiative has gone stale.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customer, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands of this position are those associated with working in a typical office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. This role requires communicating verbally and in writing one on one, in small groups, as well as presenting to larger groups of employees. This role requires the ability to work at a computer (reading and keying) for extended periods of time. The employee must move within the office to retrieve files and meet with employees in their offices or conference room. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally required to travel by car (as a passenger or driver) or by airplane to field locations/jobsites, or to attend HR events/training, and must have the ability to navigate around job sites.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993