Under general direction plans, directs and controls the production activities in assigned areas of responsibility in order to maximize established goals for safety, quality, production and cost. Will work within established policies, procedures, practices, and regulations.
This is an off-shift position.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requisition personnel and make work assignments to meet daily manufacturing requirements while controlling labor and material usage to meet or improve standard costs.
- Make recommendations for machines and equipment improvements and coordinate their maintenance needs as well as improvements to job methods and process.
- Prepare all required reports timely and accurately and investigate material variances and report findings to Plant Superintendent.
- Conduct employee orientation and ongoing instruction to ensure employee understanding and adherence to company rules and regulations especially as they relate to employee health, environmental and safety issues, work practices, and general housekeeping.
- Maintain good employee relations through proper application of company policies and practices.
- Ensure product is produced in compliance with established company policy and procedure and meets compliance within established quality standards.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties inherent to the job.
Plans, organizes, and directs the day-to-day work flow and activities of assigned employees. Reviews completed assignments for quality and accuracy. Evaluates the performance of subordinates; recommends hire/fire actions.
High school diploma preferred.
Two to three years’ experience and/or training in a manufacturing facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Able to see, hear and speak; able to sit, stand for at least two hours at a time, sit, bend, craw, squat, kneel and climb able to use both arms and hands to use a computer and peripherals and lift 40 pounds from floor level, able to work below ground level in confined spaces and on stationary or mobile elevated platforms, able to wear respirator and other PPE as required, able to climb stairs. Able to work extended shifts and weekends as needed.
Able to work inside or outside the plant environment and in all climate conditions. Exposed to lead, fumes, chemicals, operating equipment, and vehicles.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.