As a Staff Accountant in General Accounting, you will be responsible for ensuring the accurate presentation of the financial records, by providing accounting support and preparing analysis, journal entries, and account reconciliations as they relate to the Marketing department. In addition, this position makes recommendations for changes in accounting procedures, implements recommendations as directed and provides support to the General Accounting team.
What you’ll do
- Handle the monthly close responsibilities for the Marketing department within Ace Hardware Corp.
- Identify, propose and implement process improvements or accounting changes to simplify or streamline the process and ensure accuracy in the accounting.
- Assist business partners with more complex issues or functional areas within Ace requiring additional attention.
- Work with the stakeholders to gain an understanding of the area, determine the root cause of any issues identified, propose process improvements, and assist with the implementation of the process improvements.
- Prepare scorecards, ad-hoc reports, and analysis, as assigned by management, to key cross-functional areas.
- Create reporting metrics, present findings, and identify any business or process changes resulting from the analysis.
- Assist on projects designed to improve accounting efficiency or drive higher quality results.
- Manage the resources provided to ensure that the project goals are met on a timely basis.
- Create a final deliverable outlining the recommendations for improvement.
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2 years of accounting experience
- Demonstrated experience in accounting, specifically in monthly, quarterly and year-end financial close processes
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and data mining skills
- Thorough understanding of accounting concepts and processes (account reconciliations, A/P and A/R activities)
- Public Accounting experience a plus
- Excellent project/time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with SAP preferred
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.
Complex Problem Solving
Process Improvements (Business)
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles