To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10003
- Atrium Staffing
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Atrium Staffing • New York, NY
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client, a well-known fashion retail company, is seeking a Junior Accountant to join their team. The Junior Accountant will be part of one of the leading brands in the fashion industry and have the opportunity to participate in their continual growth. As a Junior Accountant you will be part of a company that is constantly striving to beat out their competition in every way they can.
Salary/Rate: $19 - $22/hr ($45 - $50K)
Position Overview: The Junior Accountant will be reporting directly to the Accounting Manager. As a Junior Accountant you will be responsible for assisting with financial reporting, budgeting and projections. The Junior Accountant must be an excellent communicator and possess impeccable organizational and time management skills. The ideal candidate must be able to hit the ground running, be able to work within a team environment and take initiative if needed. The Junior Accountant must be able to demonstrate a track record of success in previous roles.
Responsibilities of the Junior Accountant:
- Perform monthly close procedures
- General Ledger and Bank Reconciliations
- Assist in yearly and quarterly projections as it pertains to Sales efforts
- Coordinate efforts between A/P and A/R teams
- Assist in budgeting, forecasts and projections
Qualifications for the Junior Accountant:
- 1-2 years' experience working in a large accounting department
- 1 year of experience working in fashion or retail industry
- Impeccable knowledge of GAAP
- The Junior Accountant must be able to take initiative, communicate effectively and demonstrate a track record of success in previous roles
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field (required)