Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging is part of your everyday life. They’re the kind of people you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that’s inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging Company is looking for a(n) based in . This opening is for , which operates during the hours of . This position will operate .
The Operator is responsible for operating a given number of plastic blow molding machines (including in-line equipment), and makes necessary adjustments or minor repairs to ensure production of containers is made in a safe, efficient and high quality manner. The primary duties of an Operator include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned
- Operate a group of plastic blow molding machines and auxiliary equipment producing a container in a safe and high quality method.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
- Perform and/or assists in mold, insert and color changes on the line.
- Perform basic processing of injection and/or blow molding machines to improve machine efficiency and reduce scrap.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities of any Utility position during slow periods and/or as needed.
- Monitor HDPE/PET resin (if applicable), dryer, material handling and color systems for appropriate processing conditions.
- Make frequent on time quality checks on products being produced from established quality standards.
- Assist other Operators and maintenance personnel on mechanical repairs.
- Perform assigned preventative maintenance work.
- Maintain work area to acceptable safety and housekeeping standards.
- Complete and file all required documentation in an orderly and timely manner.
- Communicate with the Production Shift Supervisor to coordinate production line support staff in accomplishing the lines’ objectives.
- Verify material usage per standards
- Perform minor troubleshooting and programming on the line. Notify leads and supervisors of any major problems or questions.
- Operate equipment to minimize the generation and maximize the consumption of regrind, purge and scrap within customer specifications where applicable.
- Properly identify regrind and chunk produced.
- Communicate processing information to designated personnel on incoming shift. Assist other Operators as needed.
- Assist in the training of new Operators.
- Limited travel may be required
Operators are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Self Motivation
- Stress Management
- Complex Problem Solving