To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
148 State Street
Boston, MA 02109
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Federal Revenue Analyst
Public Consulting Group, Inc. • Boston, MA
Posted 9 days ago
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a $400 million, fast growing, for profit company providing management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need.
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2000 professionals in 47 offices throughout the U.S, in Montreal, Canada, London, England and Lodz, Poland. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states, Canada and the EU to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, health plans, insurance departments, and private providers that do business with government agencies.
PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own careerResponsibilities
The Federal Revenue Quality Assurance Analyst will support quality assurance of different federal funding available to child welfare agencies, particularly Title IV-E program. The focus will be to review Title IV-E eligibility determinations for Foster Care, Adoption Assistance, and Guardianship Assistance as well as financial analysis for child welfare services in the Human Service Practice Area.
The Analyst is responsible for entering findings, drafting routine reports on performance indicators, identifying trends, and providing recommendations. The Analyst is actively involved in high-level discussions with the client regarding Title IV-E policies and procedures and can communicate effectively to the client.
An ideal candidate will be a team player with excellent attention to detail and organizational skills who is interested in supporting the work of state government and/or human service organizations with interests in policy and/or business administration.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews of Title IV-E determinations and re-determinations for Foster Care, Adoption Assistance and Guardianship Assistance
- Communicate effectively with the client regarding findings, proposed solutions, and best practices
- Provide technical assistance, as needed
- Conduct financial and data analysis using Excel and Access, including reviews of revenue reports and eligibility data
- Assist with the review of client records, via online application, for information necessary to complete eligibility determinations and re-determinations
- Analyze complicated financial reports and data sets for compliance with state and federal standards
- Participate in both internal and external client discussions
- Identify trends in compliance issues and business practices
- Ensure maintenance of standard operating procedures
- Work within a team to accomplish other duties to meet necessary deadlines
- Assure data integrity, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis
- Participate in ongoing decisions concerning data collections, methodology, and data analysis
- Review and apply federal and state policies to ensure compliance
- Analyze, apply and effectively communicate newly updated federal policies
- Assist with developing reports to address client’s strengths, compliance issues and outline best practices
- Self-starter who can take initiative with enthusiasm
- Organized, accurate and detail oriented with self-initiated problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize a varied workload in a fast paced, unpredictable, and demanding environment
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to understand and interpret federal and state laws and regulations
- Ability to learn and take over a process, as well as document procedures
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational, research, presentation, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions. Honest, direct, highly ethical and able to build meaningful relationships based on trust and integrity
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, Access, and Word.
- Experience with database software is also a plus
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience with government and/or nonprofit finance office, consulting firm, other policy offices
- Relevant Master’s degree may replace work experience requirement
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a major or concentration in public policy, business administration or other closely related fields
- Boston, MA or Flexible
- Travel 50% or more depending on job location.