Amcor Rigid Plastics
Human Resources Manager
New Albany, Ohio
At the local level, plan, organize and direct the administration of all Amcor Rigid Plastics human resources policies, procedures and programs regarding recruitment, compensation and benefits, training and development, EEO, health and safety, labor relations and employee relations necessary to carry out company and plant objectives. Provide guidance to Plant Manager, functional managers and supervisors in the interpretation and application of established human resources policies to create a climate of trust and open communication. Ensure full compliance with all relevant federal and state laws and governmental regulations.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for accurate processing of payroll. Audit time records and resolves any discrepancies; track holiday and vacation accruals; maintains payroll records/reports.
- Plan and implement recruitment efforts; take proactive measures to ensure a diverse workforce.
- Work closely with management team to maintain a skilled workforce while supporting headcount requirements (headcount budget to include temporary associates).
- Assist in development compensation programs that are fair and equitable (job evaluation; wage and hour regulations; participate in local and regional wage surveys). Includes review and recommend merit increases/promotions to ensure equity and consistency.
- Assist management in succession and training planning and recommend appropriate development (level program; technical training; leadership training) and support management in performance review process (deadlines and reviews)
- Responsible for investigations of employee issues, providing feedback and ensure follow-up.
- Assist in the administration of benefits programs and/or provide assistance with concerns for medical; dental; vision; EAP; life insurance; 401k, short term disability; long term disability.
- Work closely with Plant Manager and Safety Coordinator in managing workers’ compensation claims.
- Assist in coordinating employee engagement surveys. Ensure appropriate action plans are developed and implemented and conduct employee feedback meetings.
- Develop and maintain plant job descriptions, maintain training matrix and training files ensuring compliance with annual training and audits.
- Plan and organize administration of employee relations activities (safety events, annual picnic; newsletter; service awards; employee recognition; and social responsibility functions).
- Maintain open communication with all employees to obtain an accurate sense of employee morale.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business; or equivalent in related field preferred.
- Nationally recognized Human Resources Certificate preferred (i.e. PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, etc.)
- Five years HR generalist experience preferred in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with little to no direct supervision.
- Ability to prioritize work; handle multiple tasks simultaneously; set goals and meet deadline while maintaining flexibility to reassess and prioritize goals.
- Demonstrate analytical reasoning and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to deal with difficult individuals/situations while maintaining composure, using good judgment and fairness at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to function as a contributing member and leader of various work teams and demonstrate commitment and sensitivity to diversity issues
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
Building Effective Teams
Choose an item.
- Corporate Management
- Plant Management
- All Plant Employees
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Human Resources Information System (Hris)