The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for employee, staffing, performance management, training and development, and administration of HR policies, procedures and processes in partnership with HR and Business leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to interact within all levels of the organization to promote strategic alignment with Company policies, goals and objectives.
- Advocates positive employee relations and employee engagement through pro-active communications and programs, including employee focus groups, researching and developing best practices, and stimulating employee involvement in all areas. Focus on developing a positive culture of continuous improvement.
- Partners with plant staff to assure consistent application of, policies, work rules, and guidelines. Partner with the business and talent acquisition to support the staffing plan and needs of the business. Position is responsible to insure staffing requests/needs to support company goals and objectives according to strategy, headcount and budget. Demonstrate keen understanding of job expectations and competency requirements in order to effectively drive recruiting of positions.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports in accordance to records retention guidelines. Participates in plant staff meetings and attends other meetings as required.
- Responsible for conducting confidential investigations regarding employee relations concerns, complaints. Seeks guidance as needed from Corporate Human Resources on risks, resolution and actions.Interpret, apply, and enforce HR policies, procedures and ensure that processes exist and are consistent in all departments.
- Serve as key member of HR team, and confidential advisor to leaders on human resource related matters.
- Respond and address managers and employees questions/concerns/issues promptly and effectively.
- Maintain strong employee relations with managers and employees through fair and consistent application of work rules and policies.
- Improve employee engagement and employee relations in order to retain talent through proactive programs, including leadership development and training, supervisory and management training and stimulate employee involvement in all areas.
- Provide support for performance management and merit planning processes for respective areas.
- Advise managers on employee performance issues, including providing counseling on a development plan, and develop a Performance Improvement Plan if needed.
- Identifies key data sources and utilizes data-driven insights about important departmental metrics to improve business decisions.
- Facilitate and manage roll out of Corporate and Americas based leadership development and training programs as required.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state requirements such as AAP, EEOC, OFCCP, FMLA, I-9s, etc.
- Ability to build relationships and works well across functions.
- Employs effective time management skills and meets deadlines. Manages multiple assignments simultaneously and has strong organizational skills. Demonstrates a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates cross-functional expertise and thrives in a highly complex environment.
- Demonstrates prudent judgment when making important decisions by utilizing knowledge of industry best practices and current trends. Works with diverse stakeholders and builds strong, collaborative relationships. Manages competing agendas and priorities across different functional departments.
- Has a “can do” attitude and a positive outlook, while minimizing negative behaviors. Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness as a self-starter.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education, Experience, Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Labor Management or related field. Advanced degree is preferred.
- PHR or SPHR is preferred.
- 7+ years previous experience in human resource management, including knowledge of compensation practices, employee/labor relations, performance management, employment law, planning and project management.
- 3+ years experience in a Multi-Site Manufacturing Plant HR leadership position preferred.
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge:
- Collaborative/team based management style.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state employment guidelines is required.
- Strong computer skills including Windows-based programs such as Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook is required.
- Strong HR presence, capable of engendering trust and confidence of all elements of the workforce.
- Capable of serving as an effective advocate of employee interests.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving or maintaining a positive workplace culture.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. While in the plant, the employee will be required to wear protective equipment to comply with EHS standards.
Stryten Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Stryten Manufacturing builds innovative battery solutions that power everything from warehouses and distribution centers to cars, trains and trucks. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, we keep people on the move and essential supply chains running. Our stored energy solutions include lead and lithium batteries, intelligent chargers and cloud-based software that help companies make smart fleet design decisions. A technology leader backed by more than a century of expertise, Stryten has The Energy to Challenge the status quo and deliver top-performing battery solutions for today’s most recognized brands in manufacturing, distribution and retail. Stryten partners with our customers to meet the growing demand for reliable energy storage capacity now and into the future. Learn more at www.stryten.com.