Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
PSC Contract Specialist
Macfadden, a PAE company, is seeking a PSC Contract Specialist to support USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) in Washington, DC. The PSC Contract Specialist provides support to USAID offices in the contracting of political transition and stabilization response personnel worldwide. This position plays a pivotal role supporting USAID offices in fast-paced, dynamic environments and is critical to the successful implementation of USAID/OTI’s programs and fulfillment of USAID/OTI’s mandate. As part of the human resources team, the PSC Contract Specialists are responsible for the preparation and support of actions and documents necessary to execute personal services contracts (PSC), a flexible staffing mechanism used by USAID/OTI to implement its rapid response strategy.
- Coordinates assigned PSC Contract actions in advance of the start date/anniversary date:
- Responsible for the producing and drafting of all contract documents including budgets and memos necessary to execute contracts and contract modifications for assigned actions
- Ensures that all contract and contract documents are error-free and accurate
- Ensures performance evaluations are completed on time
- Monitors upcoming PSC actions and deadlines, and ensures all assigned contracts/tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Responsible for producing and routing all contract actions through USAID’s Global Acquisition & Assistance System (GLAAS) database to the Contracting Officer
- Serves as the primary POC for DCHA, OAA, and the PSC on all aspects and execution of contract and contract modifications for assigned actions
- Liaises with DCHA offices and with the OAA Contracting Officers;
- Responds to DCHA and OAA inquiries on PSC contract status, progress and issues;
- Provides ad hoc and regular reports to OAA and/or DCHA and ensures that reports are accurate, complete and timely;
- Maintains electronic and hard copy files and systems in compliance with USG, Agency, and office standards;
- Ensures assigned PSC contracts are in compliance with USAID, USG and DCHA regulations, laws, standards, procedures;
- Attends relevant DCHA office meetings and discussions;
- Proposes ways in which PSC contracts can be improved and/or processes can be streamlined;
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of relevantwork experience; or
- Less than BS/BA with 5 years of relevant experience
- MS/MA/MB with 3 years of relevant experience
- JD/ABD with 2.5 years of relevant experience
- Ph.D. with 2 years of relevant experience
Bachelor’s degree in government contracting and acquisition, business, international affairs, or other related discipline (equivalent work experience may be considered).
Skills: Qualified candidates must be reliable, highly organized, and motivated. Candidates must be flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances and have the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail. Candidates must have the ability to work successfully in a team-oriented environment as well as independently. The candidate should have experience with basic Human Resources personnel intake processes with a customer service outlook and approach.
U.S. citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government-sponsored clearance .
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to PSC Contract Specialist
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Attention To Detail
Automated Business Design