* To access Dayforce at its best, log in from the latest version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge. *
Boardwalk Pipelines, LP primarily provides transportation and storage of natural gas and liquids for our customers. Additional information about the company can be found online at www.bwpipelines.com.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Specialist/Sr Mechanical Specialist for our Mobile, AL office.
This position is responsible for the testing and mechanical maintenance of reciprocating units, auxiliary and gas processing equipment, Required to comply with all DOT, OSHA and Environmental rules and regulations. Occasionally required to do unscheduled or emergency work. Responsible to maintain all tools and equipment assigned to this position. Required to work with Area Admin and Management to ensure materials and supplies needed for routine maintenance activities and special projects are on hand as needed. Expected to keep Management informed on needed maintenance and reliability issues related to equipment listed above. Be an advocate of safe work practices and be willing to serve as the lead on projects. Be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision. Be willing to support other classifications and areas as needed. Will regularly lead projects and have responsibility as well as the authority to make decisions about equipment. Will be required to participate in the On-Call/Temp Lead duties of the Area and respond to "call-outs". Shall demonstrate an ongoing proficiency in Leadership and Interpersonal Skills. Required to work with the Reliability & Compression Engineering and Compression Services Groups as needed on special projects and routine maintenance activities. Responsibilities also include compliance documentation for assigned area and the successful completion of all the Operator Qualification tasks assigned specifically for this position. OQ tasks shall include qualifications needed to preform troubleshooting and maintenance activities on equipment related to the position. OMS activities to include: scheduled maintenance activities, GCSR scheduling as needed, AMR related activities etc..
This position will be located at our Airport Compressor Station and the successful candidate will be required to reside within 30 miles of this facility. Normal work hours for this position are 7 AM - 3:30 PM weekdays; however, this position is subject to occasional callouts and schedule adjustments, as necessary.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
* Mechanical maintenance experience
* Individual must have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel
* Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills and a strong ability for prioritizing and scheduling multiple projects
* This individual should also have experience with Microsoft programs
* Ability to read, comprehend, and follow Company procedures and manufacturers guidelines.
* Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. for a minimum of 50 feet in order to transfer tools and equipment, the ability to operate valve control wheels with a minimum of 50 turns
* Ability to work alone as required in extreme weather conditions including hot, cold, muddy, and wet environments.
* Valid Driver's license with a safe driving record is required
* Must have a strong commitment to personal and Team safety.
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
* Gas Pipeline or Compressor maintenance experience
* More than 3 years of experience on pipeline operating systems and DOT 192 knowledge and experience in compliance
* A basic understanding of Electricity and Instrumentation
* High School Diploma
* Technical School or College
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
* Job Family Ops Field
* Job Function Mechanical Spec
* Pay Type Hourly
* Mobile, AL, USA
- Critical Thinking
- Defensive Driving
- Electrical Installation Work