Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Our Northeast Engineering Design Organization is looking for a junior-level Mechanical / Piping Designer to join their team in Harrisburg, PA. In this role, you will support our Mechanical / Process Engineering team with the design of various piping and mechanical systems.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and revision of technical drawings for municipal/industrial/environmental consulting services
- Follow Corporate drafting and quality assurance standards
- Working with other subject areas on multi-discipline projects
- Working closely with staff engineers and other designers
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in a Design/Drafting program is preferred
- 0-5 years of piping and/or mechanical system design experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Experience working with 3D piping design software preferred (i.e. Revit or Plant3D)
- Knowledge of P&IDs is a plus
- Knowledge of plumbing, HVAC design is also a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to work both within a team and independently
Being the best we can be is in our culture. We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
If you are enthusiastic about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.