To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
23640 Research Drive
Farmington Hills, MI 48335
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Continuum Services • Farmington Hills, MI
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Staff Accountant (Accounts Receivable) Position Summary
The Staff Accountant (Accounts Receivable) reports to the Assistant Controller and is responsible for providing Accounts Receivable invoicing and collections, general ledger reconciliation, and other accounting and administrative services. The Staff Accountant (Accounts Receivable) will support our Technical Services Department, which includes HVAC, Plumbing, and Construction Services. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that the monthly financial statements are accurate and up to date, and that customer invoices are paid within established time limits, thus maximizing cash flow.
Required Experience for Staff Accountant (Accounts Receivable):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is highly preferred; a combination of experience and coursework completed will be accepted in lieu of a degree
- 1 year of Accounts Receivable experience and/or 2-3 years of General Ledger, Job Cost and month end close experience is required.
- Financial reporting experience is a plus.
- Experience working in the following industries are a plus: HVAC, Plumbing, Construction, Landscaping, and Snow Removal.
- Experience with construction accounting, sworn statements, and lien waivers a plus.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to work independently, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, be detail oriented and apply sound business judgment.
- Experience with MS Office software required.
- Experience with Sage 300 (Sage Timberline) is a plus.
- Ability to interact professionally with staff, customers, and vendors.
Primary Responsibilities for Staff Accountant (Accounts Receivable):
- Perform customer invoicing functions for our Technical Services Department, made up of HVAC, Plumbing, and Construction services.
- Perform invoicing tasks using various modules of the Sage 300 accounting system, including Service Management, Billing, Contracts, and Accounts Receivable.
- Perform review of daily work orders in Service Management and perform customer invoicing on reviewed work orders. Manage work order statuses to ensure 72-hour billing time metric is maintained.
- Perform accounts receivable collections activities for all business units, including: calling clients, preparing collection letters, entering lien info, and documenting correspondence.
- Routinely follow up with clients to ensure that we are exceeding customer invoicing expectations.
- Prepare and distribute customer statements on a monthly basis.
- Apply customer cash receipts to open invoices in AR ledger.
- Create graphs, trends, and charts to track and monitor accounts receivable balances.
- Setup Technical Services Jobs and Contracts in Sage 300.
- Manage ongoing customer Preventative Maintenance contract terms and specifications.
- Perform Job Cost reporting and reconciliation of jobs-in-progress, as directed.
- Prepare and maintain Work-In-Process schedule, and report results weekly.
- Manage Job Estimating data and maintain that all jobs have appropriate estimating data upon project setup.
- Perform journal entries and general ledger reconciliations to assist in the preparation of the monthly financial statements, and other financial reports, as directed.
- Assist with variety of general projects and provide support to accounting and administrative staff.
- Document management, scanning, filing, and general organization of department work load.
- Using skills in Microsoft Excel and Word to assist in preparation of various Management Reports including, but not limited to Contract Administration, Customer correspondence, and policy and procedure documentation.
- Provide support to managers and supervisors through supplying informational reports, as directed.
- Assist department managers with job costing and profitability projects, as directed.
Other Requirements for Staff Accountant (Accounts Receivable):
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret forms, signs and product instructions.
- Ability to speak clearly and interpret verbal communication.
- Ability to stand, talk, bend, stretch, pull or push and lift items.
- Ability with vision to use close vision, depth perception, and to adjust focus.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while working at the computer.