To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Easton, MD 21601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health Care
University of Maryland Medical System • Easton, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health Care
Full-Time – Day Shift
We are looking for Home Health Care Registered Nurses to join our extraordinary nursing team at University of Maryland Shore Regional Health.
At University of Maryland Shore Regional Health, you can learn, grow and make a lasting impact on patients and families. You’ll experience the support of a collaborative work environment and a sense of collegiality unlike any other. Our comprehensive system has many locations and practice options to choose from throughout the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland.
As a Registered Nurse at UM Shore Regional Health, you’ll experience:
- The advantages of working for a Magnet® designated Medical Center
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage.
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue paid annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistant program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement and a student loan repayment program*
- The Home Health Nurse provides quality skilled nursing care to assigned patients under the direct order of the primary physician in accordance with agency policy
- 40 hours per week
- Day shifts (M - F, 8a - 4:30p)
- Mileage reimbursement provided
- Hourly call pay provided and time-and-a-half if called to work
- Ability to work independently
- Rotational weekday call coverage is 4:30p-8a (weekday call requirement is approx. 2-3 times/month)
- Rotational weekend call coverage is 24/7 (weekend call requirement is roughly once every 4-5 weeks)
- Evaluates and physically assesses condition and needs of patients of all ages on initial home visit and each re-visit.
- Initiates, interprets and implements a patient plan of care for use of all disciplines. Updates plan as change in care develops. Modifies plan of care and goals with the written agreement of the physician at least bi-monthly and more often when indicated.
- Provides skilled nursing care, utilizing accepted nursing and infusion therapy practice in accordance with all legal and regulatory standards, Agency protocols, policies and procedures.
- Teaches and guides patient and family in prevention of further disease, demonstrates rehabilitative skills to obtain maximum performance in activities of daily living.
- Assesses patient’s compliance with therapeutic regimen and evaluates effectiveness of therapy. Realizes and promotes the spiritual opportunities available to the patient and family.
- Communicates and coordinates with infusion companies, labs, physicians, and other healthcare providers concerning patient care; obtaining necessary physician orders, as needed.
- Administers medication as required, following Agency protocols, policies and procedures.
- Obtains laboratory specimens as required, transporting specimens according to Agency policy and procedure to limit exposure to blood and body fluid hazards
- Offers consistent and visible support to team members.
- Communicates in an effective and professional manner, demonstrating respect for patients, families/significant others and other health team members.
- Act in accordance with HEART behaviors and SRH values in your daily work and practice.
- Responds to the following Shore Health System codes: Code Red (in the immediate area).
- Responsible for honest behavior in all matters. To the best of the employee’s knowledge and understanding, complies with all Federal and State Laws and Regulations.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information. Uses and discloses only that information which is necessary to perform the function of the job.Performs other duties as assigned for skill level.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Maryland.
- 1+ year Acute Care Nursing experience preferred/1+ year Skilled Home Care Registered Nurse (RN) experience a plus
- Valid CPR
- Valid drivers license
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.