IL Oak Brook
Supply Chain Procurement
Job Posting Title:
Senior Procurement Analyst
- Support Sr. Director and Director Indirect Procurement on corporate & regional projects through strategic procurement planning and implementation. Represent the company in dealings with supplier trading partners and customers.
- Lead Indirect Procurement strategy and functional team support with Operations, Sales & Marketing, Logistics, QA, and R&D. Lead projects by acting as a liaison between internal team members.
- Assist procurement involvement with Finance function to meet cost savings and tracking initiatives
- Assist and develop Indirect team to effectively manage $500+ million of overall category spend, while standardizing corporate policies and procedures for effective procurement across all internal plants and external suppliers.
- Develop and implement solutions to develop expertise and build procurement capabilities within the entire category.
- Be committed to cost control and cost reductions for the company while at the same time maintaining continuous supply of goods and services. Introduce new and innovative ideas for procurement of goods and services.
- Actively develop and manage vendor performance using KPI's and scorecard development, business reviews, and effective contract/dispute management process.
- Follow market trends for various categories of spend. Use this knowledge to support internal customers. Evaluate financial aspects of key cost drivers of global markets using published industry data, etc.
- Historical data retrieval to support cost trend requests
- Knowledge of contract fundamentals, ability to effectively understand and negotiate contract terms that benefit TreeHouse Foods in outcome
- Ability to quickly gather and analyze data, and business requirements under time constraints in a changing environment
- Retain and maintain critical information points on comparisons and recommendations. Ensure communication of relevant points to all internal partners.
- Participate in annual budget and standard cost development
- Coordinate strategy and procurement functions with other internal departments, including multiple manufacturing sites, warehousing, logistics, sales, R&D, finance, and QA
- Proven negotiating skills for quality improvement and cost savings initiatives with suppliers
- Implement strategic sourcing activities such as electronic Request for Intent, Request for Quotation, Request for Proposal, select supplier based on predetermined criteria
- Identify additional sources of supply and develop relationships with supplier partners
- Research spend data and vendor information in SAP and Ariba, and submit requests for updates to vendor information as needed
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Negotiate commercial terms with vendors and ensure contracts, orders, or SOWs for purchases adequately capture agreed upon commercial terms
- Indirect procurement- MRO, facilities services, professional services, travel, IT
- Sourcing strategy creation and implementation
- RFQ/RFI/RFP sourcing processes
- Commercial terms negotiation and cash flow management
- Internal requirements gathering
- Ability to engage with and influence internal business partners
- Experience working with SAP and Ariba
Bachelor's Degree Required
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's degree or MBA preferred) in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain, or Accounting preferred or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 4-6 years in procurement/strategic sourcing role
- Proven organizational communication, problem solving, and research abilities
- Project management experience
- Broad knowledge and execution of negotiation strategy, macroeconomics, inventory control and manufacturing processes
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and prior experience with multiple ERP and P2P systems a plus
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements
- Ability to work effectively at the executive level internally and with supplier partners
- Experience working with spend analytics
Travel (other than driving)
Enter % of time
Exposure to moving mechanical parts
Enter % of time
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to URL blocked - click to apply. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.