At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The Investment Portfolio Analyst resides within U.S. Bank's Corporate Treasury division and is responsible for assisting in the management of investment portfolio. This position works with a team of investment portfolio professionals who are responsible for portfolio strategic asset allocation, security selection, prepayment modeling, and trade execution. The ideal candidate will have a background demonstrating knowledge and interest in fixed income capital markets, a quantitative and analytical mindset, and an understanding of bank specific risk and regulatory constraints. The position will work with portfolio managers to develop and maintain spreadsheets, statistical models, and presentations for financial analysis related to budgets, forecasting, relative value asset analysis, and peer group analysis.
This role is hybrid. Team members who are in a hybrid role typically spend three days a week at a U.S. Bank location, while having flexibility on their work location for the other working days.
* Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, statistics or quantitative field, or equivalent work experience
* Six or more years of related experience
* Well-developed quantitative, analytical, and financial skills with an interest in portfolio management and trading
* Working knowledge of financial analysis techniques, economic theory, and general accounting procedures
* Operating knowledge of fixed income mathematics, portfolio theory, analytical models, forecasting, and planning
* Strong technical skills related to data mining and visualization tools (i.e., Tableau and Power BI)
* Some background on bank portfolio investment asset classes, including government bonds, interest rate swaps, agency MBS, municipal bonds, ABS, agency and non-agency CMBS, corporate bonds, CLOs, and bank-owned life insurance
* Ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to analyze data
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Master's degree or CFA preferred
If there's anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting careers.usbank.com.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $112,880.00 - $132,800.00 - $146,080.00
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
- Asset Allocation
- Capital Markets
- Data Analysis
- Data Visualization