To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- McLean, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • McLean, VA
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Senior Manager, Corporate Communications at our Headquarters PenFed Plaza in Mclean, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to raise national visibility of PenFed and its charitable arm, the PenFed Foundation, among new consumer audiences, core military audiences and industry influencers through a variety of communications channels.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Serve as primary point of contact with military and credit union trade media and seek proactive opportunities to raise PenFed visibility with these trades.
- Serve as a PenFed Spokesperson.
- Write press releases, media pitches and other communications materials.
- Conduct outreach and proactively pitch and place media stories.
- Coordinate and support media interviews with various company executives.
- Work closely with and ensure integration and coordination of media campaigns with PenFed’s social media team.
- Support media campaigns/tours.
- Manage and respond to incoming media requests.
- Handle external communications as needed with branches (articles, awards, etc.)
- Research and identify new media opportunities.
- Research and maintain media lists.
- Manage media relations functions including media coverage tracking and analysis reports; handle distribution of press releases.
- Responsible for local/community press in Omaha, Eugene and other key markets as needed.
- Create communications materials for use with media and other external audiences (press kit, fact sheets, etc.)
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in progressive media relations/corporate communications roles in a publicly traded company or public relations firm in a consumer-facing organization.
- Excellent newswriting skills and ability to produce fast, top quality copy.
- Demonstrated experience pitching and placing media stories that are on message and strategically focused on reaching targeted audiences.
- Demonstrated experience working with members of the media and serving as a corporate spokesperson.
- Experience initiating, developing and executing national PR and social media campaigns on multiple platforms including broadcast, video, digital and social.
- Experience managing vendors (i.e. PR Newswire, Agility, Meltwater, etc.)
- Experience in consumer and product PR strongly preferred.
- Sound judgement and ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
This position will not supervise employees
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-495-7921.