As a part of our continued growth we are looking for dedicated and passionate Heavy Truck Mechanics for our Heavy Truck Division. As a Heavy Truck Mechanic you will be responsible for troubleshooting heavy truck parts for repair. The Mechanic will also be responsible for maintaining excellent customer service to internal and external customers always. We are seeking candidates who are extremely motivated and are excited about the opportunity to support all operational processes and procedures. If you like growth and working with happy, enthusiastic individuals, you'll enjoy a career with us!
Essential Job Duties:
- Pulls parts apart to troubleshoot in order to repair.
- Maintain work area appearance and safety.
- Maintain a clean, safe working condition and practices within the department. Attends and participates in all relevant training programs established by the company and OSHA guidelines. Immediately reports any safety issues to management.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Previous mechanical work required.
- Forklift certified
- Must have knowledge of vehicle parts functions and troubleshooting problems.
- General understanding of how to use basic tools and torches.
- Strong knowledge of EPA rules, OSHA regulations and Standard safety with hazardous chemicals and adhere to all required standards.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to routine hazards and the work environment of the truck repair industry. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly. While in the shop area will work on concrete floors, sometimes wet environment, moderate noise is typical, with occasional exposure to loud noises, moderate exposure to air borne particles and fumes, and moderate exposure to hot, cold (non-weather), some risk of electrical shock. Some time is spent outdoors and exposure to weather. Some work is conducted in an office environment with moderate and typical noise levels, moderate exposure to air borne particles and fumes.
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 5000485882106
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
LKQ Corporation (NASDAQ: LKQ), an S&P 500 and Fortune 500 company, is a leading global value-added distributor of vehicle repair parts and accessories. The Company is the leading North American provider of recycled automotive and aftermarket collision parts as well as specialty accessories for automobiles, trucks, recreational and performance vehicles.
LKQ Europe, with operations located in 15 countries, collectively is the largest distributor of automotive aftermarket mechanical repair parts and related products in Europe, holding leading market positions in the United Kingdom, Italy, The Netherlands, The Czech Republic and Slovakia. Globally, the Company has more than 1,100 operating locations and 40,000 employees.
LKQ has an entrepreneurial, growth orientated culture and since 2005 consolidated revenue has grown at a compound annual rate of 28%. Come join the family and be LKQ Proud!
View the full profile
- Competitive Pay 401k Plan with generous employer match
- Insurance Plans for (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability)
- Paid Holiday leave days and a Paid Time Off Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A top-notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career