Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, you won't just be moving material, you'll be building a bright future. As the Material Handler Lead, you'll have an important role in helping our team deliver exceptional customer service. You'll provide daily oversight and leadership of the department's processes and resources. XPO was ranked as the #1 North American logistics company according to Transport Topics. Become a part of our dynamic team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations. Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more. What you'll do on a typical day:
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- Ensure all work is performed safely and according to safety procedures
- Provide on-the-job training for new associates on department processes
- Participate in and direct the team in using Lean warehousing methodologies
- Safely operate equipment to complete duties
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 4 years of experience in a warehouse environment
- Experience operating material handling equipment and using a handheld scanner
- Microsoft Office experience
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
It'd be great if you also have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, with possible overtime when needed
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems (QMS) and Lean warehousing methodologies
This job requires the ability to:
Be part of something big.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights
- Bend, stoop, squat, twist, push and pull
- Stand, sit or walk for long periods of time
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel tools or equipment
- Tolerate hot or cold warehouse environments
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Warehouse Management Systems
Warehouse Management System
Enterprise Resource Planning