This position's main objective is to execute Doosan’s channel development strategy. This includes a specific focus on dealer prospecting and setup that will achieve the North America Construction Equipment Group’s channel coverage and expansion goals.
Role & Responsibility
Regional/District Manager and Dealer Support
- Continued promotion and education of RD's/DM's and dealers through participation in dealer meetings, region meetings and other sessions that afford the opportunity to communicate the vision
- Supports our branch expansion and "Bobcat of" strategy through interaction with dealers and RD's/DM's and the continued development and communication of business modeling and planning tools.
- Support dealers and RD's/DM's on opportunities in the area of capital, stocking and succession planning.
- Assist with developing the recruitment strategy. Execute strategy relative to channel development
- Prospect and sign new dealer locations with a focus on achieving expansion goals.
- Gain the commitment from new dealers on minimum inventory stocking requirements.
- Have a good understanding of dealer performance and profitability metrics Dealer Development
- Assist new dealer setup and development of new locations to improve sales and product offers.
- Support existing Bobcat dealer termination, coverage, and succession planning scenarios through dealer prospecting efforts and coordination with dealers and RD's/DM's.
- Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Marketing, or related field
- Strong sales/business development experience
- Knowledge of dealer operations/business models
- Product knowledge
- Has successfully demonstrated sales and territory management skills.
- Has successfully demonstrated the ability to execute channel development.
- Self-motivator and planner
- Candidate should have past dealership experience as well as past sales experience.
- Product experience on compact and heavy equipment is a plus.
- Good cold calling skills.
- Good presentation and relationship building skills.
- Experience Required: 7>10 years
- Travel Required: >50%
- Position will require extensive travel, approximately 50%, to meet with dealers, dealer candidates, and recruit open markets, and meet with various other partners.
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call Phone number blocked - click to apply. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
We recently learned that unauthorized individuals and/or groups are communicating false offers of employment with Bobcat Co. (“Bobcat”) via email. The communications include the Bobcat logo and may appear legitimate. However, they are fraudulent and are not sent from anyone affiliated with Bobcat.
Please note that Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, and Doosan Portable Power DO NOT charge a fee, request payment, or request personal banking information at any point in the recruitment process. We DO NOT send unsolicited emails requesting personal data from potential employees. If you receive a job offer that appears fraudulent, please notify our talent acquisition team and consider contacting your local law enforcement office.
Any legitimate job offer from Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, or Doosan Portable Power will be preceded by an official selection process.