No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
The Business Architect Lead, Market Performance Partnerships, is responsible for leading and coordinating solutioning teams across the clinical care (inpatient/outpatient), revenue cycle, IT, analytics and transformation domains to deliver an integrated cost and revenue performance model for potential client partners with billion dollar plus business impacts. This position will work in a dyad model with a sales leader to develop opportunities with prospective partners and then lead the Solution Design teams through Discovery, Diligence and Contracting as the sales process advances. The Business Architect Lead will report to the SVP of Solution Design and work alongside SME leaders from multiple teams both within and outside the Solution Design team.
The design process will create a financial and operational performance improvement model, contract and delivery plan and will require both remote and onsite client work. This leader will be accountable for identifying synergies and design solutions across the administrative and clinical domains during the engagement periods. All leaders on the Design team are expected to be hands-on with project design and deliverable creation for customers.
The role of the Solution Design team is to support growth and industry disruption by forming partnerships with target organizations. This is accomplished by completing assessments and detailed due diligence to identify financial and operational opportunities using Optum investments and solutions in a long-term partnership model. There are also several ongoing projects associated with continuous improvement of our valuation methodology, product innovation needs and solution redesign across clinical and administrative functions to unlock value for clients.
- Provides leadership to and be accountable for the design and projected performance of solutions spanning administrative (e.g. revenue cycle, information technology and clinical (e.g. care variation, clinical efficiency, case management) domains. Must be able to lead teams from multiple parts of the organization without having direct reporting accountability with those resources
- Creates a trusted partner relationship with client executives and has an ability to influence decision makers and successfully overcome detractors and manage challenging relationships
- Provides expert input to key Optum staff members through the evaluation of the opportunity at a potential client site
- Identifies and reviews problem areas that Optum can improve through people, process or technology and validates benefit estimates and financial models for potential clients
- Contributes to timeline and project plan development for the completion of the assessment and full due diligence process
- Completes the final draft of benefits based on high level assessment and full due diligence efforts, coordinates with key internal and external stakeholders to create buy-in and to obtain sign-off
- In conjunction with the sales leader, serves as a primary day to day contact for a potential client, including reviewing the work of client and Optum teams and serving as the coordination point for key deal documents and activities
- Contributes to Potential Client Evaluation methodology development and other functional assignments as assigned
- Displays the ability to effectively manage strict timelines and communicate and influence the potential client evaluation team, growth team and other Optum functional teams driving toward a contract
- Participates in the development of sales materials in preparation for initial and ongoing client conversations
- Presents to large groups and has the ability to adjust message to audience (e.g. CFO, CEO or CMO)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Telecommute position but must be able to travel 50-70% of time based upon business and client need.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of Healthcare Consulting and/or Operations experience
- 5+ years of Business Development / Client Assessment experience
- Comfortable presenting to board and c-suite audiences with demonstrated experience delivering business cases requiring funding / approval
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Methodology development experience
- Subject matter expertise within RCM, IT, Clinical Optimization, Analytics and healthcare transformation strategy
- Strong provider acumen and experience
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Business Architect Lead, Market Performance Partnerships, Healthcare Consulting, Operation, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota