The Site Operation Excellence (OPEX) Leader is primarily responsible for leading the Operation Excellence Deployment at their site to develop an OPEX culture and to provide technical support and coaching in OPEX processes to grow the process improvement capabilities of the business.
This role requires significant leadership skills, as well as, technical OPEX skills such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S Deployment, 6-Sigma Certification, etc. The individual will need to drive change management, effectively communicate throughout the organization and collaborate to achieve target performance and share best practices.Responsibilities
IDENTIFY AND ALIGN OPEX PRIORITIES, GOALS, AND OBJECTIVES:
- Work in collaboration with site leadership to identify and improve those areas most important to the site and the company.
- Establish OPEX strategies, KPIs, priorities, project goals and assess results.
- Provide regular and ongoing feedback regarding improvement opportunities to Site Leadership and to OPEX Leadership.
- Coordinate, lead and execute improvement projects and initiatives in order to achieve business needs and objectives.
- Drive OPEX culture throughout the organization by organizing & facilitating OPEX events as necessary and ensuring that accountability for OPEX held at all levels in the organization and ensuring standards are followed correctly.
- Conduct site evaluations (audits) of OPEX Standards’ proficiency as directed by Site and OPEX leadership.
DELIVER BUSINESS RESULTS:
- Identify and eliminate process waste by continually driving a cultural shift in the organization with sustainable results.
- Monitor progress of improvement projects by establishing reporting process metrics, and creating business performance scorecards, providing regular business management metrics including cost/performance improvement and ROI.
DEVELOP OPEX CAPABILITY:
- Development of OPEX capability within the site through training of all site personnel on company OPEX Standards.
- Leverage OPEX skills and talents to assist the organization with capital requests, footprint transformations, capacity planning, and product transitions between facilities.
- Continuous assessment and recommendation to site leadership of people to receive further OPEX training and opportunities.
- Participation and periodic leadership of OPEX Teams as directed by the OPEX Director.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in OPEX Related discipline (e.g. engineering, operations management, business, etc.).
- Operational Excellence training and/or certification (e.g. 6-Sigma, Lean, Continuous Improvement, etc.).
- Two or more years of experience leading manufacturing or business organizations in the deployment of Operational Excellence.
- Experience in successful deployment of Lean and Six Sigma, including: Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen Facilitation, Cellular Flow, Single-Minute Exchange of Dies, Process Flow Mapping, Kanban, Hoshin, Visual Controls, 6S, etc.
- Ability to engage others in, facilitate consensus, obtain buy-in of senior leadership and drive for successful adoption of change initiatives.
- A track record of continuous improvement efforts with proven successful sustained outcomes.
- Significant computer related skills (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) a plus.
- Successful completion of Leadership development program is desirable.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS FOR THIS ROLE:
- Analytical/critical thinking, information analysis, problem resolution skills.
- Ability to engage others - fostering teamwork and building strong relationships, ability to understand others, lead teams and develop people.
- Ability to influence and build relationships, motivating and inspiring others through highly effective communication and exemplary presentation skills.
- Ability to achieve business results through direct and indirect interaction, delivering business results under pressure, a champion of performance improvement with a strong customer focus.
Dependent upon site organizational structure and size*
The work environment characteristics can be obtained from the Human Resources Department. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities or essential functions of the job.
Six Sigma Methodology
Value Stream Mapping
Continuous Improvement Process
Business Process Improvement