ProPath, a member of the Sonic Healthcare USA family, seeks an exceptional Senior Accountant to join our thriving practice. The selected individual will become a part of a 50+ physician group and independent laboratory. ProPath is a nationally recognized practice founded in 1966 and based in Dallas and facilities in Houston, Atlanta, and Massachusetts. We have over 50 physicians and Ph.D.’s on the team. Our over 500 team members are based in 11 different states with physical facilities in three.
The Senior Accountant provides management with critical financial information by preparing monthly financial statements, including departmental variance analysis by general ledger account (month-over-month, year-over-year) in a consistent and timely manner. The position requires sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), particularly as they relate to healthcare, revenue recognition, contractual adjustment/bad debt allowance estimates, and accrual accounting. Communicates financial results in a meaningful way to ProPath management, contributes to the preparation of departmental and company procedures, and manages accounting projects and other responsibilities as necessary.
- Coordination of the month-end close and review process.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements, including departmental variance analyses by general ledger account (month-over-month, year-over-year).
- Calculation of monthly physician bonuses.
- Forecasting, reconciling, and recording payroll and benefit entries.
- Monitoring of cash/treasury balances.
- Updating of annual allocations methodology for cost allocations.
- Preparation of tax reporting and related work papers.
- Contribution to the development and monitoring of departmental and company financial/accounting procedures for the manager and senior management review and approval.
- Perform System updates
- Support the accounting team as needed.
- Participate in maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Maintain compliance with department and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of all records and issues.
- Provide quality internal and external customer service.
- Represent ProPath in a courteous, professional manner.
- Work effectively within a team-oriented department and company.
- Professional appearance through adherence to company-approved dress code.
- Other related duties as assigned.
A College degree in accounting is required. CPA preferred. Advanced knowledge of accounting systems and Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, is required.
A minimum of five years related experience.
ProPath offers employees a full benefits package that includes: medical, dental, a matched 401K plan, and much more! EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
Don’t Follow the Leader, Join the Leader!
- Accounting Systems
- Accrual Accounting
- Customer Service