Make a bigger difference
WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to
over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from
infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
• 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
• Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
• Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
• Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Behavior Specialist will design, implement and monitor the Behavior Management Programs, Instructional Goals and Valued Outcomes for all individuals using the Positive Approaches Paradigm.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Administer and interpret the clients’ cognitive, social/motivational and adaptive living skills.
- Responsible for accurate data collection and summaries
- Collaborate with the psychiatrists in monitoring psychotropic medications effects in conjunction with replacement behaviors and fading plans as applicable.
- Interact with the residential individuals on a daily basis
- Maintain a case load of up to 35 individuals.
- Supervise and train milieu staff and managers in the implementation of behavior support plans and instruction goals/ valued outcomes.
- Master’s degree from a program in clinical and behavioral areas and training in assessment techniques and behavioral supports plan development, as well as, knowledge of ABA programs.
- Five years’ experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities, including those dually diagnosed.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, ability to engage staff
- Organized with an ability to work independently to complete projects
- Excellent data analysis and presentation skills and proficiency with relevant software
- Excellent writing and presentation, listening and problem solving skills
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
Clinical Staff [300s]
8857 - Case Worker - Social Services - Traveling