To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Executive Assistant to Chief Administrative Officer
Owens & Minor, Inc. • Richmond, VA
Posted 2 months ago
Provides comprehensive administrative support to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and others as designated by the CAO. Provides day-to-day support for the CAO and CAO staff, exercising discretion with respect to prioritization of CAO�s agenda items. Prepares highly sensitive Board materials and acts independently as project manager for CAO projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides all administrative support functions for the CAO Solutions and others as designated, including communications coverage, high volume travel coordination (including full itinerary creation), calendar and scheduling, expense reports and invoice processing, and payment records maintenance for external professional fees and services.
2. Manages and maintains multiple calendars, requiring interaction with internal and external executives and assistants, CAO leaders and others, to coordinate a variety of complex meetings.
3. Independently creates, edits, and/or prepares presentation materials for top-tier clients, executives, Board of Directors, and similar audiences.
4. Prepares and reviews correspondence, notices, memoranda and reports independently and/or at the direction of the CAO and other leaders within the team. Assists in answering questions and responding to requests directed to the CAO and other members of the CAO team.
5. Acts as a confidential assistant to CAO, preserving the confidentiality of organizational and teammate information. Assists with confidential and/or sensitive matters; provides explanation and support where needed.
6. Acts as primary Project Manager for confidential CAO projects as required to ensure seamless coordination of multiple resources and drive successful outcomes.
7. Develops, coordinates, organizes and implements tracking systems to monitor CAO matters, projects, assignments and deadlines. Creates and maintains databases, summaries, tables and charts to facilitate effective and efficient completion of projects and assignments.
8. Monitors department spend and ensures budgets are followed.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- At least five years of experience as an Executive Assistant or Administrative Assistant required
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills in PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel required
- Experience using Microsoft365, SharePoint and GoToMeeting
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to interface with Board of Directors and all levels of leadership, internally and externally
- Excellent calendar management skills including scheduling complex senior level meetings with challenging logistics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in handling confidential and sensitive material
- Ability to meet negotiated deadlines, anticipate needs, demonstrate initiative and independently complete tasks
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Must utilize expert secretarial skills to create quality documentation, acting independently
- Ability to use good judgement in setting priorities, planning and organizing workloads
- High degree of personal integrity, discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to handle multiple projects with continuing changing priorities
- Expert computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Ability to manage upward as well as laterallyAbility to make the complex simple and discern key objectives related to complex processes