Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
On Lok is a not-for-profit organization founded in the early 1970s by a group of citizens concerned about the plight of elders and the lack of long term options in the community. On Lok serves as the administrative arm of a group of five affiliated non-profit organizations. Its functions include research and development, human resources, fundraising and management information systems.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general direction and supervision of the Liveplace/Workplace Services Supervisor and Director LPWP Services, the LPWP Services Technician 1 will perform maintenance and repairs on all On Lok's facilities.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintain a working knowledge of building systems and Facilities operations.
* Acts as the primary contact for any building issues (climate control, odors, smoke, spills, damage, emergencies and repairs).
* Create work orders on demand from phone, email or verbal request, and process daily work orders, and update work orders and ensure proper communication to work order requester.
* Perform maintenance of interior and exterior buildings including painting, minor construction, repairs, equipment and furniture installation.
* Actively monitor facility and equipment conditions, make recommendations for maintenance or improvement.
* Maintain all building equipment, supplies, tools, and keep an inventory.
* Manages and maintains primary utilities' systems. Heating system, elevators Checks and controls water, gas and electric systems under direction from supervisor.
* Monitors contractor performance and works closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
* Assists with maintaining building security and immediately responds to building emergencies on a 24-hour basis.
* Perform minor repairs and/or replacement of plumbing fixtures, valves and other devices as required.
* Perform re-lamping, minor repairs and/or replacement of electrical fixtures, devices and appliances as required.
* Perform minor carpentry work as required to repair windows, doors, hardware, screens and furniture and some installation and dismantles.
* Troubleshoot and perform repair on mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
* Transports goods or equipment as required.
* Performs immediate cleaning duties necessary to maintain clean facility.
* Assist to perform monthly, weekly, and daily inspections.
* Maintenance of pool/spa to ensure proper chemical balances, and cleans spas after hours as needed.
* Assist to provide training to new employees and refresher training on an as-needed basis.
* Follows OSHA regulations for all projects, equipment operation, and chemical usage including labeling, storage, disposal, and the use of personal protective equipment.
* Performs other maintenance duties as assigned by the Facilities Supervisor or Director.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
* Must possess a high school diploma with a minimum of (2-4) two to four years of facilities maintenance experience.
* Have some knowledge in HVAC, mechanical, spa/pool, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, fire alarm, fire protection & attendant-call system, food service equipment, laundry equipment, and janitorial equipment.
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
* Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder of 20 feet
* Able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods.
* Able to be on-call and work overtime and weekend schedule.
* Have a valid State of California Driver's License and pass background check.
* Possess good organization skills, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Able to prioritize, manage multi-functional task, work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints.
* Computer literate comfortable with using a computer as part of a normal work day. Excel, Word, Email, Help Desk System, Reqlogic System.
* Fluent in English is a must. Bilingual in Cantonese or Spanish is not required, but preferred.
* Special understanding and sympathy for frail elderly.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any regular position for 20 hr/wk or more):
* Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
* Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Pet Insurance and additional discounts
* Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment ([ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to LPWP Services Tech 1
- Computer Literacy
- Fire Alarm Systems