Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in Utah, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Underwrite new commercial loans and perform periodic reviews on exiting commercial loans
- Create credit underwriting memos which analyze the credit request, the borrower, financial and credit information, repayment sources, risks and mitigation, collateral and compliance with applicable regulations and policies
- Be knowledgeable of policies, guidelines, procedures, regulations and systems applicable to the credit function
- Ensure that loan files and documentation are complete
- Make or recommend credit decisions
- Prepare and present underwritten loan requests and loan portfolio reports to others
- Help monitor and manage relationships with third party loan originators and servicers
- Assist in training and mentoring less experienced credit team members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience analyzing business and personal financial statements for loan applications and formal credit training
- 5+ years of experience underwriting commercial loans
- Experience working with third party vendors and geographically remote borrowers
- Experience making or recommending significant financial decisions and to identify, assess and manage risk affecting loans
- Knowledge of commercial real estate financing, loan documentation, lending laws, loan transaction procedures, portfolio monitoring, and loan servicing needed
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Advanced degree in business
- Formal commercial credit training program
- Experience working in credit or lending role with a commercial bank
- Experience working out problem loans. We don’t have many, but the experience makes better lenders
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.