Position Title: Welding & Controls Engineer
Cleveland-Cliffs is seeking an experienced Welding and Controls Engineer to provide all services necessary to drive continuous improvement and welding standardization across all USA facilities. The Engineer will report to the Corporate Manager, Welding Technology and will work with a team of engineers in the development of welding practices and equipment maintenance standards in support of the company’s fleet of flash-butt, lap-seam and laser strip joining welders.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Implement and effectively utilize Cleveland-Cliffs safety standards and practices and conform to Cleveland-Cliffs environmental requirements.
- Provide strong technical leadership in the different welding technology areas.
- Implement welding machine maintenance procedures and standards across the organization.
- Understand and implement the strategic and operational plans for control, management, and improvement of welding reliability and capability.
- Manage the Capital Requirements for welder equipment upgrades and/or replacement to ensure sustainability.
- Provide welding engineering support as required to meet department and company goals.
- Routine reporting, both written and verbal
- Engineering degree with a background in electrical design, procurement, construction and/or maintenance, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in strip welding technology and equipment in heavy industry.
- Strong understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes and standards and their impact on activities.
- Good technical writing skills are required.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to travel across all company facilities for technical support.
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The company generally does not sponsor candidates for temporary visas or permanent residency for this position.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [ Email address blocked ] or call
- 5+ years of experience with maintaining and operating strip welders in the steel industry.
- Extensive experience with all steel related operations and maintenance.
1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that ALL Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment, you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
- Business Process Improvement
- Heavy Industry
- Industrial Laser Tasking
- Industry Practices