Be a part of something powerful at America's premier energy provider!
At Exelon, we are united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future. We encourage curiosity, value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work and do better. We know the future is in our hands. That's why we're looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nation's largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities, Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco). All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether it's powering lives, supporting communities or collaborating with colleagues, an Exelon employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking and inspired. We are empowered to evolve and advance our careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come and stay. We know that investing in our employees' futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives and health and retirement benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develop, manage, and evaluate key projects/programs/initiatives related to renewable technologies (solar, EVs, battery storage) Develop business plans, project charters, and performance metrics in support of business objectives that promote clean energy and sustainability. Ensure organizational alignment with management models and principles and drive the integration of best practices. Perform various assignments including requests for financial and operational reports, data analysis and modeling, business planning, and/or performance measurement. Coordinate quality assurance and/or change management activities with internal and external personnel. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Lead development, implementation, and evaluation of projects, programs, and/or business initiatives related to renewable technologies (solar, EVs, battery storage). Provide requirements analysis, performance measurement, and quality assurance. Manage scope, schedule, and budget for organizational projects and programs.
* Coordinate and report on process/project/initiative assignments that promote clean energy and sustainability. Develop performance indicators and tracking mechanisms to monitor and report results. Prepare, review, and analyze reports, controls, and other financial & operational information for specific projects and initiatives.
* Coordinate work plans to implement corrective actions that are identified as a result of performance assessment.
* Support the establishment of business plans and objectives across multiple areas / departments. Coordinate with stakeholders on the development of business cases and prioritization of deliverables.
* Lead change management activities for projects, programs, and initiatives. Develop and implement training of employees and external personnel for new processes and procedures for the Green Power Connection team. Develop and implement effective business readiness procedures.
* Participate in process improvement task forces. Provide benchmarking analysis. Prepare status reports to leadership.
* Understand business processes and provide guidance for end users. Provide day-to-day client support and conduct diagnostics as necessary to ensure optimal performance. Assist and advise other personnel with responses to internal and external inquiries.
* This is an individual contributor position that works independently with only general direction, relying on knowledge skills and judgment acquired through education and relevant experience to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals. The position regularly mentors less experienced colleagues.
* Direct Reports = 0
* Indirect MAST = 0
* Indirect Craft = 0
* Financial Scope:
* Direct impact on budget is substantial. This position has a direct impact on the Company's performance regarding several key indicators, operational costs, System Average Interruption Frequency Index (SAIFI), Customer Average Interruption Duration Index (CAIDI) and Customer Satisfaction, by managing scope, budget and schedule to within approved parameters, and providing structured and detailed reports to the appropriate Management team. Drives the development of key projects/programs/initiatives to ensure complete and successful implementation. Develops and tracks key milestones. Cost of failure would have a significant impact on Exelon reliability and financial goals.
* This position is also key to maintaining the company's image and good standing with customers, regulators, and shareholders in regards to developing, coordinating, and implementing projects/programs/initiatives that have a direct link to either customer experience, reliability, or the bottom line results of the organization.
* This position requires interfacing across Exelon Corporation with various levels of personnel in Customer Operations, IT, Regional Operations, Distribution Operations, Transmission Operations, Corporate Security, Communications, Regulatory, and Legal. The ability to build relationships across the organization is critical.
* Will regularly serve as lead for cross-functional and cross company teams responsible for the integration of best practices through the organization. Supports the establishment of business plans and objectives for multiple areas / departments. Develops performance indicators and tracking mechanisms to monitor results.
* Bachelor's degree in a business or S.T.E.M. field with a minimum of 5 - 8 years related business experience OR in lieu of bachelor's degree, High School diploma and 9 - 12 years related business experience.
* Comprehensive understanding of applicable standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics in the specific functional area supported by this position (e.g., electric or gas operations, customer service, transmission and substation, distribution system operations, regulatory and external affairs).
* Advanced proficiency in standard software applications (e.g., Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, & PowerPoint), and relevant specialized business applications (e.g., project portfolio management, requirements/test management, CIS/CRM, customer self-service, telephony, EPS, EAM, work management, & outage management) to support business needs.
* Demonstrated business acumen and ability to create value with strong problem solving, analytical/financial, negotiation, and conflict management skills and a willingness to accept increased responsibilities.
* Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, meet critical deadlines, communicate effectively, and accept accountability of multiple tasks.
* Customer driven with demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interact with people of all levels.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and efficiencies including new technology
* MBA or Master's degree in a business or S.T.E.M. field.
* Prior professional experience in the field of renewables, distributed energy resources, and/or sustainability
* Knowledge of ComEd's green power connection processes and applicable regulatory and legislative mandates.
* Experience providing customer service and customer relationship management expertise.
* High level management skills in coaching and facilitating business competency.
* Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of project management. Ability to analyze complex business processes and systems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
* Certification as : Certified Associate in Project Mgmt (CAPM) OR Project Management Professional (PMP) OR Six Sigma Black Belt
* Demonstrated strong analytical skills for project evaluation including analysis of complex projects with economic, financial, risk and decision analysis. Proficient in business case development and ability to effectively present business cases to business unit leadership.
- Business Planning
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Processes
- Business Requirements
- Certified Project Management Professional