About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
Based in Yosemite National Park; the Sommelier will be in direct contact with restaurant guests, working within taste preference and budget parameters deemed by guests, and support wine service. The Sommelier will manage daily activities necessary for maintenance and promotion of the operations wine inventory, identify and purchases wines for operation, monitor and maintain conditions of the wine cellar, ensuring optimal storage. The Sommelier will interact with the culinary staff to develop food and wine pairings.
- Develop wine menu to include both bottle & "wine by the glass" programs for all lounge & restaurant locations at designated outlets
- Designing a wine list and support development of signature drink menu
- Organize menu wine menu design in collaboration with F & B leadership
- Conduct regular wine training sessions with FOH staff to insure staff has working knowledge of wine list. Formal wine testing of staff will be necessary to verify team knowledge
- Advising customers on wine & food pairings based on menu selections and guest preferences
- Providing proper table service throughout operation, insuring product is served at the correct temperature and in the correct manner
- Create wine lists, ordering all wine, controlling inventory, and rotating stock
- Liaising with sales people and dealing with deliveries
- Support all bar / lounge location wine programs to include "wine by the glass" program
- Manage Job specific equipment / tools & prepare for use
- Clean glassware and other equipment such as trolleys, decanters, ice buckets, coasters and bottle holders
- Maintain all aspects of wine storage (cellar) area
- Bachelors Degree desired with educational discipline in hospitality.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of all aspects of wine, extensive knowledge of grapes, wine characteristics, wine & food pairing, ordering, maintaining & inventory control.
- Will possess in depth knowledge of countries / regions where wine is produced, as well as individual vineyards and wineries, to include knowledge of grape varieties, harvest times, elevation, vineyard shape and size, climate, soil and fermentation processes, & first-hand knowledge of wine-making processes as well as wine industry trends.
- Will be responsible for training FOH & BOH team on all aspects of wine, wine history, wine making, grape characteristics, wine and food pairing, conduct wine tastings, etc.
- Interacts with guests to provide wine recommendations based on guests preferences and or menu selections
Outline Of Food Preparation