This position will be focused on supporting the manufacturing processes at the Huntsville, AR site. The successful candidate will be responsible for determining the optimal manufacturing methods and process for producing electromechanical components including design of production tooling and fixtures for assembly.
Skills & Qualifications
- Applyproject management skills and work from engineering design documents, prototypes and/or change orders, and analyze them for accurate and efficient assembly. Candidate will be responsible for detailed electro-mechanical design from concept to launch of new products.
- Capable of determining what equipment, tooling, materials, methods of manufacturing (may include make/buy -automation decision) and facilities are required to produce a particular product in scheduled quantities
- Under the direction of departmental management, will be assigned sustaining engineering responsibilities to determine and incorporate
- Provide customer interface to resolve problems and challenges.
- May use CAD/CAM equipment to perform design tasks including 3D printing and router (CNC) equipment
Must have a thorough knowledge of machining and fabrication techniques.
- Must be able to work closely with and provide technical direction and training to engineering technicians and production team.
- Design harness boards for production use.
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
- Take responsibility for other essential duties, as determined by department Manager.
• BS Degree in mechanical engineering required
• Three to five years experience in a production environment, preferably with electromechanical components in aerospace, andindustrial applications.
• MRB experience
• Automation of mechanical processes
• 3D Solids based CAD/CAM software experience required (Unigraphics NX CAD/CAM, Pro/E, or AutodeskInventor)
• Lean Enterprise Techniques and experience a plus, but not required. (Greenbelt or higher preferred)
• Computer Literate with MicroSoft Office Products, Spread Sheets, Internet, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Must be a US Person (citizen or permanent resident) and successfully complete the background and drug screening processes.
(reasonable accommodations may be made, if necessary):
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand - Frequently 10 lbs or less - Frequently
Walk - Occasionally 11-20 lbs - Frequently
Sit - Frequently 21-50 lbs - Occasionally
Climb - Occasionally 51-100 lbs - Occasionally
Crawl - N/A Over 100 lbs - N/A
Squat or Kneel - Occasionally
Bend - Occasionally Push / Pull
Fine Manipulation - Frequently 10 lbs or less - Occasionally
Reach Outward - Frequently 10-20 lbs - Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder - Occasionally 20-50 lbs - Occasionally
Drive - N/A 50-100 lbs - Occasionally
Over 100 lbs - N/A
N/A (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation
Occasionally - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (.25 - 2.5 hrs/day)
Frequently - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5 hrs/day)
Continuously - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
403 LaBarge Avenue
Huntsville, Arkansas, 72740
Engineering Design Process
Computer Aided Technologies
Creo Elements/Pro (Computer Aided Design Software)