$48000.00 to $52000.00 yearly
Robert Half is in the process of hiring an Accounting Clerk for one of their clients. In this position, your responsibilities will include matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, performing data entry tasks and supporting the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). You will work with a dynamic team in a great work space/office and have excellent benefits and great career advancement opportunity. This permanent Accounting Clerk position is located in the Brookfield, Wisconsin, area.
How you will make an impact
- File vendor invoices and disbursements and match & file A/P invoices to support accounts payable
- Post financial information to journals and ledgers
- Support Accounts Receivable by processing daily invoices/credit, applying cash receipts, and helping with collection of past due balances
- Code documents using the proper classification of expenditure codes and accounting codes
- Assist with other related duties and special projects as assigned
- Assist with general accounting tasks, including G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, and other ad hoc projects
- Reconcile discrepancies by examining possible sources of disagreement, recreating likely actions, and identifying the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as needed
- Use a variety of sources to prepare statements and reports
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
- Spreadsheet and ERP system experience preferred
- Data entry, document management, file creation and previous records experience required
- Solid understanding of Accounts Payable (AP)
- Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accounting Coordinator
for more information.
- Ledgers (Accounting)
- Accounts Payable
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Accounts Receivable