To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Plainfield, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
The Judge Group • Plainfield, IN
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is currently seeking a Sr. Infrastructure Engineer for a permanent, full-time engagement in Plainfield, IN.
If you'd like to know more, please send contact info and your current resume, as well as your availability for a 10-15 minute call to discuss this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Infrastructure Engineer – Computing is responsible to ensure computing platforms (both Enterprise and Commodity x86 hardware) are expertly delivered, optimized and supported during the entire infrastructure lifecycle. In this role, the Infrastructure Engineer – Computing works collaboratively with other architects, infrastructure engineers, applications teams and Technology Architecture & Business Development.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science and Math or related discipline with an IT emphasis is required. A graduate degree in Technology, Business or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of continuous experience in the following:
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
- Engineering roles in a large, complex, global environment
- Strong verbal & written communications skills. Working knowledge of IT Service Management framework and/or ITIL concepts and practices. ITIL certification a plus.
- Extensive experience Windows based operating systems (Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows XP, Vista and Windows7)
- Deep understanding of CPU and Memory technologies and roadmaps (Intel, AMD, Power7, Itanium)
- Broad knowledge of computing technologies, blades and rack mounted Intel x86 and AMD based commodity servers, Enterprise class platforms – (Cisco UCS C- and B- series, IBM Power7, HP racks mountable and blade servers, Dell rack mountable and blade servers).
- Experience with tools, components, methodologies and protocols related to latest computing platforms particularly blades technologies (Cisco UCS Manager, Stateless configurations and Service Profiles, Unified Fabric concept, Converged Network Adapters & Fiber Channel over Ethernet)
- Knowledge of both Server and Desktop Virtualization technologies (VMware, Citrix, IBM PowerVM, Microsoft).
- Good understanding of key virtualization concepts and how these are impacted by the computing platform.
- Extensive experience in performance tuning and optimizing computing platforms.
- Deep understanding and experience in build large computing solutions that scale both vertically or horizontally.
- Detailed understanding of power and cooling requirements of enterprise and commodity servers to support data center cage design and implementation.
Broad knowledge and understanding of :
- Storage Technologies, Backup solutions and methodologies (EMC, HP, IBM, Hitachi), Storage area network solutions (Cisco, Brocade)
- Network technologies (Cisco Nexus solution, 7k, 5K, 1K),
- Systems and Infrastructure Management technologies (tools from HP, BMC)
Good knowledge of tools and solution to automate and orchestrate data center processes and workload management (BMC Bladelogic, BMC Cloud Lifecycle, VMware VDirector, Cisco NewScale)
Familiarity with Microsoft server products and supported applications (Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Lync …). Engineers will be assigned additional products for which they will be assigned the SME role. Knowledge of Active Directory and LDAP technologies.
Strong understanding of high availability concepts with practical experience and implementation of key components (databases, application servers, fault tolerant systems, cluster server/software, etc.)
Understanding of Operational challenges and dependencies as they relate to infrastructure decisions.
Working Knowledge of TCP/IP, FTP, SMTP, SendMail, NFS, DNS, BIND and other Network services.
Experience with Enterprise applications and servicesSensitivity to Security best practices as related to infrastructure and application architectures.