Wilshire Consumer Credit is a direct consumer lender and one of the largest and fastest growing Auto Equity Lenders in California. We are located in the dynamic Mid-Wilshire area of Los Angeles and are a part of the Hankey Investment Company; a truly world-class local employer. We offer many opportunities for outstanding professionals and college graduates who are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with real potential for advancement. Our people are the driving force behind our long-running success. Those that join the company find themselves as part of a successful organization that is committed to fostering a friendly environment with a great team spirit.
Our Loan Officers play a critical role for the company by serving as the first point-of-contact for all potential customers. Their main objective is to help qualified applicants receive their loan proceeds as quickly as possible. This requires a solid understanding of our loan products, an ability to think critically, and the willingness to go the extra mile to assist the customer.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to overcome customer objections
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a goal-oriented team environment
- Exceptional time management
- Comfort with a high amount of incoming and outgoing phone calls
- Proficiency with computer applications such as Outlook and Excel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Prior Sales and/or Loan Underwriting experience preferred
- New professionals and new college graduates are welcome
This full-time employment role includes base salary, bonus, medical benefits and holidays.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Clearly and accurately explain our loan products to potential customers.
- Underwrite loan applications with the assistance of the Buy Program; our patented loan decisioning software.
- Maintain communication with customer throughout the underwriting process to ensure timely loan funding.
Every Full Time position at Wilshire Consumer Credit offers the following:
• Career Path Opportunities
• Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
• Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account,
• 401K matching, Employee Stock Ownership Program
• Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises, Fresh Fruit for all employees
• Metro Tap Card and Metro-link Reimbursement
• Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets and Attractions
• Wireless, Computer, and Satellite Discounts
• Rental Car Discounts
• Loan Discounts
• Westlake Bike Share (Free Bikes onsite for Employees)
• Onsite DMV
• Onsite Gym with state of the art equipment and onsite Yoga Instructors
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.